Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

On the star wars off topic comment, I read Carrie Fischer, Mark Hammil and Harrison Ford are in the next film. The bold directive in the report was for Mark and Carrie to drop weight. They start filming this year. Sounds like a remake coming! There's your exciting news on S4GRU for Columbus today. :)

Speed tests in Westerville (north of Polaris and Rt 3) have been crap for a few days.  SpeedTest app giving 0.00 Mbps downloads.  I was too lazy to flip it to Kbps to see what I was really getting.   This week has been >1 Mbps.  Hoping that's a good sign for things to come.

As to the Star Wars conversation...  I read that it's not a remake rather like episode 7.

Speed tests in Westerville (north of Polaris and Rt 3) have been crap for a few days. SpeedTest app giving 0.00 Mbps downloads. I was too lazy to flip it to Kbps to see what I was really getting. This week has been >1 Mbps. Hoping that's a good sign for things to come.

As to the Star Wars conversation... I read that it's not a remake rather like episode 7.

I just got 1.7 on the Lancaster Ave tower in Reynoldsburg. Pretty crazy speeds for Sprint, even it it's off peak.

• Like 1

I just got 1.7 on the Lancaster Ave tower in Reynoldsburg. Pretty crazy speeds for Sprint, even it it's off peak.

I've recently been seeing sites with NV 1900 RRUs. No other visible upgrades besides the Samsung RRUs. A site near Broad & Hamilton pulled 1.7 down and half up.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Maybe I was asleep and missed it on the progress thread, but I'm in Galloway and just ran this speed test... Amazing over what I had before!! Don't know if its just off peak yet or not, will do another test when I leave my house around noon.

post-8050-13741444031823_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe I was asleep and missed it on the progress thread, but I'm in Galloway and just ran this speed test... Amazing over what I had before!! Don't know if its just off peak yet or not, will do another test when I leave my house around noon.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374144400.565902.jpg

Ok, I'm back to abysmal speeds... However I have never had the speed above even during off peak before...

post-8050-13741581707052_thumb.jpg

Stopped by the tower on 33 & US42 (on way to Marysville). The RRUs were mounted, new cabinets down and even had Time Warner Business Class box on inside of fence with fiber ran to it. Everything looks good to me but who knows what's inside the cabinets.

There was a couple other towers accepted in the Marysville area so maybe just missing something small here. Also, this appears the first sign of AAV backhaul that I'm aware of. TWC does have a fiber ring in the area.

Stopped by the tower on 33 & US42 (on way to Marysville). The RRUs were mounted, new cabinets down and even had Time Warner Business Class box on inside of fence with fiber ran to it. Everything looks good to me but who knows what's inside the cabinets.

There was a couple other towers accepted in the Marysville area so maybe just missing something small here. Also, this appears the first sign of AAV backhaul that I'm aware of. TWC does have a fiber ring in the area.

That's cool, but what's AAV backhaul?

Basically, backhaul that's not provided by the local phone company (or microwave).

Gotcha.

Could backhaul being put in relate in any way to them re-running some form of power lines on the telephone poles? Because the tower in Gahanna off Taylor Rd near New Albany/Reyn Rd has had workers on New Albany Rd now working on various things for weeks. Yesterday and today saw what look like oil rigs drilling in two separate places a few hundred yards apart, then see spools of wire and guys up in cherry pickers at the telephone poles.

I took pictures if that helps.

Gotcha.

Could backhaul being put in relate in any way to them re-running some form of power lines on the telephone poles? Because the tower in Gahanna off Taylor Rd near New Albany/Reyn Rd has had workers on New Albany Rd now working on various things for weeks. Yesterday and today saw what look like oil rigs drilling in two separate places a few hundred yards apart, then see spools of wire and guys up in cherry pickers at the telephone poles.

I took pictures if that helps.

I'm guessing that isn't involved with NV. Sounds more like utility upgrades. It's even possible it's fiber, but more involving U-Verse.

Mhz

--------------

@Kineticman,

I believe there are a couple new towers in Marysville coming online.. Samsung 3g.. but hey nothing new with that info huh?

I have a friend that lives along 33... not sure if they are on, but he said someone told them they are about complete.. and that was weeks ago

Robf

Went up to Menards on Morse Rd..sat in the car and did several speed test on LTE..

I can post captures from the test, but my best download was around 19 Mb/s.. 2nd best was 18.. with many around 8  to 14 Mb/s... My worst download was 6 Mb/s 

My upload stay very constant at 5 to 6 Mb/s

Went up to Menards on Morse Rd..sat in the car and did several speed test on LTE..

I can post captures from the test, but my best download was around 19 Mb/s.. 2nd best was 18.. with many around 8 to 14 Mb/s... My worst download was 6 Mb/s

My upload stay very constant at 5 to 6 Mb/s

did you notice that the nearest tower wasn't daisy chained.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

@ ryry4ya

I don't even know what that means.. lol.. explain ?  One thing is its a very busy area.. tons of stores around that tower, lots of traffic on the roads and many apartments within range.. so the speeds were good being it has to be loaded fairly high..

did you notice that the nearest tower wasn't daisy chained.

@ ryry4ya

I don't even know what that means.. lol.. explain ? One thing is its a very busy area.. tons of stores around that tower, lots of traffic on the roads and many apartments within range.. so the speeds were good being it has to be loaded fairly high..

what I'm saying does it have a microwave backhaul, radomes... Every Clearwire WiMAX has two things planning and two different directions. did you notice that? if not then its fiber to the site

what I'm saying does it have a microwave backhaul, radomes... Every Clearwire WiMAX has two things planning and two different directions. did you notice that? if not then its fiber to the site

I looked at the site a few weeks ago. Pretty confident it was fiber (didn't see microwave on Sprints rack).

-----

I didn't notice.  I would like to think its fiber, but I don't know enough to know what I should look for.. if you can explain more of what I should look for Ill drive back up  on Saturday .. I suppose either way I can take some pics and send them to you or post them...

I thought Sprint was now using fiber at most sites like that, but the tower is high enough that it could be microwave since microwave on high towers is pretty  resistant to interference..

No need. I took pictures the day after it was 4G accepted.

uploadfromtaptalk1374200316528.jpg

SWEET !

I originally typed 3G accepted. That's incorrect. It's 4G accepted. Too many drinks tonight. Sorry.

• Like 1

We've been seeing a lot of 3G acceptances on http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3913-Network-Vision-Site-Acceptance-Report-Updates. I know this can seem not as much of progression as 4G but consider this many of the 3G accepted sites probably have all the NV upgrades complete just needing backhaul. Which is minor work once started.

• Like 1