FCC/DOJ Approves Verizon Wireless/SpectrumCo Deal

4GHoward

Hold the phone, pardon the pun. Though the deal definitely appears headed toward conditional approval from both the DoJ and FCC, nothing is official yet, not until a consent agreement is inked.

AJ

I just hope that this deal gives Sprint priority seating for the PCS G Block. Verizon is flush with spectrum now and t-mobile is in good shape with the spectrum they got from at&t & the Verizon swap. Another 10Mhz nationwide block would be great.

Sprint already has the PCS G block. :D

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

He meant H Block, but since G & H are next to each other on the keyboard, it's easy to hit the wrong key, lol.

• Like 1

Yeah i know.. i was just bustin' his chops a little. :lol:

I'd love to see Sprint have the G & H blocks. That would be great for them.

Sprint already has the PCS G block. :D

Damn it

He meant H Block, but since G & H are next to each other on the keyboard, it's easy to hit the wrong key, lol.

Thanks for covering for me

Yeah i know.. i was just bustin' his chops a little. :lol:

Need to use my tablet or phone, less typo's then a standard keyboard on the laptop

I'd love to see Sprint have the G & H blocks. That would be great for them.

drool, existing PCS/SMR/BRS adding G block with NV and if Sprint could get the H block, would be great for the future of Sprint

Thanks for covering for me

No problem

Need to use my tablet or phone, less typo's then a standard keyboard on the laptop

You need a better keyboard. Spaced out keys like the MacBook Pro's have makes it more difficult to accidentally hit the wrong key.

You need a better keyboard. Spaced out keys like the MacBook Pro's have makes it more difficult to accidentally hit the wrong key.

Got a new Latitude E6520 with the job change, still getting used to it. However, I really like having a number pad on a laptop. The piece of shit HPs I was using before were worthless...

Got a new Latitude E6520 with the job change, still getting used to it. However, I really like having a number pad on a laptop. The piece of shit HPs I was using before were worthless...

I like HP laptops. I hate Dell because after I talked my parents into buying a desktop, I realized how junky it was, and don't like them anymore.

I like HP laptops. I hate Dell because after I talked my parents into buying a desktop, I realized how junky it was, and don't like them anymore.

Wow, total opposite experience. Loved the Dell's we used and when HP bought the company, they switched us all to HP hardware. I went through 5 laptops in 2 years and the performance was shit. Switched from contractor to civil servant and got back on the Dell hardware and so much happier

drool, existing PCS/SMR/BRS adding G block with NV and if Sprint could get the H block, would be great for the future of Sprint

I'm certainly not suggesting that Sprint not pursue the H block. Spectrum is the lifeblood of a wireless carrier and Sprint has to acquire as much as they reasonably expect to be able to use going forward. However, the H block would require going back to the 3gpp and asking them to approve another band class. Hopefully they could make it a superset which would also encompass LTE band class 25 which Sprint is currently using. Regardless, no LTE handset currently sold would support the H block. I doubt if any handsets sold next year will either.

Wow, total opposite experience. Loved the Dell's we used and when HP bought the company, they switched us all to HP hardware. I went through 5 laptops in 2 years and the performance was shit. Switched from contractor to civil servant and got back on the Dell hardware and so much happier

Wow, I guess it just differs on use what experience the end-user has. Maybe I am also prejudiced about Michael Dell and his infamous quote in 97 about shutting Apple down and returning the shareholders their money, and how today he is eating those words as Apple keeps growing and is almost worth 30x more than Dell now. But my parents Dell desktop was pretty slow and didn't hold up very well with 3 people using it all the time.

I'm certainly not suggesting that Sprint not pursue the H block. Spectrum is the lifeblood of a wireless carrier and Sprint has to acquire as much as they reasonably expect to be able to use going forward. However, the H block would require going back to the 3gpp and asking them to approve another band class. Hopefully they could make it a superset which would also encompass LTE band class 25 which Sprint is currently using. Regardless, no LTE handset currently sold would support the H block. I doubt if any handsets sold next year will either.

Agree on all counts, but more and more spectrum is going to be needed over the years as more and more data is being consumed. Clearwire, even if Sprint buys them out, will never blanket the PCS/SMR with BRS coverage. I'd rather Sprint getting more PCS spectrum and get approval to use it. Towers, radios, antennas, etc already setup for it, so it will just be the handsets.

Al

I'm certainly not suggesting that Sprint not pursue the H block. Spectrum is the lifeblood of a wireless carrier and Sprint has to acquire as much as they reasonably expect to be able to use going forward. However, the H block would require going back to the 3gpp and asking them to approve another band class. Hopefully they could make it a superset which would also encompass LTE band class 25 which Sprint is currently using. Regardless, no LTE handset currently sold would support the H block. I doubt if any handsets sold next year will either. Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Going back to the 3GPP to ask for a new band class should not deter Sprint from pursuing the H block. If they need to get it they should do it. What about the AWS-4 bands that planned to be auctioned. Aren't they going to require a new band class when LTE will be deployed on them. Other carriers are going to have to go back to the 3GPP to create a new band class for AWS-4 spectrum.