Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

Those are ATT , VZ, or T-mobile RRU's. Sprints setup is unique in that the RRU box is right behind the panel and this doesn't look like any typical NV setup ive seen around these parts. The other setups usually have one box setup far in the back.

I have another question. Why is that tower so small as to hieght? Everg tower I seen are like 400 feet tall an the one I took pics of is very very short. Is that because that tower is made for a specific reason or range ?

I have another question. Why is that tower so small as to hieght? Everg tower I seen are like 400 feet tall an the one I took pics of is very very short. Is that because that tower is made for a specific reason or range ?

Each tower is setup specific to geography and a plethora of other reasons. There's never a standard setup of anything. It's all engineered for that site and the surrounding area.

Each tower is setup specific to geography and a plethora of other reasons. There's never a standard setup of anything. It's all engineered for that site and the surrounding area.

Oo ok thanks for the info man.

Does this look like it has LTE panels? It's right by bestbuy by 441 & glades in Boca

Don't recognize any sprint stuff up there but I could be wrong.

Second rack has RRU's but they're configured in the ATT style of having the box not right behind the panels.

Oh look a bird nest!

Does this look like it has LTE panels? It's right by bestbuy by 441 & glades in Boca

I work at sports authority right across the way from that tower lol. I always scope out that tower. But there is no sprint rrus on there I have checked that tower so many times. I live down the street from that tower an drive by it all the time

Don't recognize any sprint stuff up there but I could be wrong.

Second rack has RRU's but they're configured in the ATT style of having the box not right behind the panels.

Oh look a bird nest!

well that would explain getting .15 mbps on 3g standing right below it!

Any word on they'll complete the Oakland Park/Fort Lauderdale/Lauderdale-by-the-Sea area?

Sent from my Cruise Lover's iPhone using Tapatalk

They are upgrading each site the moment it is ready. Once the backhaul is in place and ready, permitting is complete and equipment is delivered, they run right over to the site and get started. So its hard to say when any specific site in any specific community is being upgraded.

Fortunately you are in an active deployment market. They will keep working and more and more sites will go live every week.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Can't complain, waited but happy to have stuck with Sprint

uploadfromtaptalk1356194777226.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Where were you located?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Today I had a 45 minute conversation with a guy who works with erricson an he explained how everything works with towers an permitting etc. He was tellin me how he got shut down working on some towers in orlando yesterday due to some birds lol. But he said boca raton shouldnt be much longer but there is a few problems with towers in boca due to them being already full an since they are full it will take longer to get permits an work done. There concerned with putting rru's an new panels that are heavy on the beams that are full. He said a rru can weigh around 30 pounds the plus the pannel. Also he was telling me that each city has there own rules to where they put rru's. It was a good very convo lol

• Like 1

Ok im getting depressed. See the dot ? That's where I live I don't get it why is 4g everywhere but the 3 miles around my home ? Its the only gap in i95 too. Anyone know what's up where I live?

Ok im getting depressed. See the dot ? That's where I live I don't get it why is 4g everywhere but the 3 miles around my home ? Its the only gap in i95 too. Anyone know what's up where I live?

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Screenshot_2012-12-23-12-33-51.png?w=b47754a5

Any word on they'll complete the Oakland Park/Fort Lauderdale/Lauderdale-by-the-Sea area?

Sent from my Cruise Lover's iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm waiting too. I posted a pic a few days ago which was hard for everyone to view but I think its a tower with nothing on it yet. Its just large pole. Its been here for a while now and no one is working on it and I bet with it on it would light up the big gap in the 4g I our area. Its by the 5 points publix. Inbetween wilton drive and Oakland park blvd on dixie highway. Ill try and take pics again but I think its a bare tower that's waiting to be worked on. If I'm right I'm going to have great service when its done since I live on wilton drive. But I too am waiting and holding my breath. Ps the oakland park tower has been not working for about 2 months now. Sprint keeps saying they are working on fixing the old tower because they see its down. :-(

• Like 1

I'm waiting too. I posted a pic a few days ago which was hard for everyone to view but I think its a tower with nothing on it yet. Its just large pole. Its been here for a while now and no one is working on it and I bet with it on it would light up the big gap in the 4g I our area. Its by the 5 points publix. Inbetween wilton drive and Oakland park blvd on dixie highway. Ill try and take pics again but I think its a bare tower that's waiting to be worked on. If I'm right I'm going to have great service when its done since I live on wilton drive. But I too am waiting and holding my breath. Ps the oakland park tower has been not working for about 2 months now. Sprint keeps saying they are working on fixing the old tower because they see its down. :-(

I'm off Commercial and US-1, it's depressing to see all the work going on miles north and south of me. I called sprint and two reps said at the end of this month the earliest or next month my area should have LTE...ughhhhhhh!

They really don't know. Network Vision subcontractors work on the very next ready site where infrastructure, backhaul and permitting are complete. The sites in your area are not specifically being skipped. They will be worked on the moment they are ready.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I have had Sensorly on for all my trips lately...Been from Boca to Jensen beach past 2 days....US 1 in Hobe sound was hot yesterday, from Bridge Rd to Osprey.

I got a quick hit on 95 near Blue Heron, Wed., then went back through there about 30 min later and nothing.

95 from Forest Hill south to Boynton Bch. Blvd seems to be on for good now.

Turnpike south of Beeline to about Belvedere seems consistent now.

These pictures are the tower on Florida Mango about a half mile north of PBI....guys are up there at 5;30 pm on Friday...sun was setting fast and they dropped out about 5 minutes after this...

Notice WiMax panels on the bottom...

( My photos are not loading sorry..)

Edited by Marvelgoalie

There's lot's of work going on in and around me out in the coconut creek, coral springs, margate areas. Talked to an FPL tech just yesterday as he sat waiting as crews worked atop a replacement site(panels are mounted on power co distribution lines) that just went up. He went on to inform me that every site sprint elects to upgrade, FPL forces them to replace the whole structure to comply with new FL wind sheer code. The poles go down 30ft into the ground, and was also told sprint pays upward of 10k per site a month to lease from them! Sprint is also putting generators at EVERY new site per the worker I talked to as he worked pulling new cable maually via pulley. Asked why they pull manually, he said you can't feel a cable snag if you use power equipment. Site should be live soon! Really nice guys, learned a lot of cool tech stuff while chatting with them.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1356306324818.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1356306357908.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1356306409666.jpg

• Like 2