Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

grr ok i got it this time i think!

is this a cell tower is so is it sprints

its on dixy highway very close to oakland park blvd

I can't see anything in that photo. I suggest opening an account with dropbox, flickr, photobucket or some other image hosting website and upload there, then link back so we can see the full resolution image.

Does anyone know if they are working in zip code 33331. That is Weston Road and Griffin. My wife has had no service for the past 2 days at work. But as she drives home back to west pines, the phone works fine. (GS3) No signal at all. Update PRL, Firmware, and profile does nothing. Removed battery for 10 minutes. Nothing. Back to Pines, no problem

Even if your city is last how long do you think it will be for them to tear thru 7 towers. At that point they will be pros. Have you checked any permit sites to see if any have been pulled in that area

I got a permit an took a screen shot of it. Its for boca raton from august an it says replace attenas an cabinets on existing tower. Its the one in the middle. I think there is more but im going thru like 400 permits lol

that's depressing :-( I was hoping for the beginning of '13

Yea its weird. I live in west boca an I have not seen anything. Its prob gonna be a while be for lte comes to boca thats what im just going to assume. Look around ur area an see if u can find something like new pannels. I see on sensorly new spots in delray boynton an west palm. I assume there going to work there 1st an then come down to boca.

Panel installs is a good sign, but does not mean the site is complete. They may be waiting on backhaul to be completed before they can set up cabinets and get things provisioned. We have some sites in Kansas that have had panels installed 4-5 months ago and still not live. However, in most cases panel installs to site being live is 30 days or so

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

post-2326-13558976133416_thumb.jpg

Could anyone tell me what does the stuff circled in red tell you? I know the RSRP is the signal strength and I assume what I circled in red are other indicators of the signal's health but of course I don't know about this.

Btw, this was when traveling south on the Palmetto around SW 24th Ave exit.

@Robert:

Do the contractors generally work on the weekends? Or is it only M-F? Or it varies and each contractor does whatever they want?

Thanks.

It varies. Sites have gone live on the weekends some times. So work must be occurring on the weekends at times. I don't have any specifics about crew scheduling.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

Does anyone know if they are working in zip code 33331. That is Weston Road and Griffin. My wife has had no service for the past 2 days at work. But as she drives home back to west pines, the phone works fine. (GS3) No signal at all. Update PRL, Firmware, and profile does nothing. Removed battery for 10 minutes. Nothing. Back to Pines, no problem

I work right around the corner from there (near cleveland clinic), my service has been horrible lately. I have 3g, 0 bar, and the back of my phone is HOT. No data to speak of, keep getting errors of no data connection. Back at home, in hollywood, I have no issues.

Maybe they are upgrading the site nearby?

I work right around the corner from there (near cleveland clinic), my service has been horrible lately. I have 3g, 0 bar, and the back of my phone is HOT. No data to speak of, keep getting errors of no data connection. Back at home, in hollywood, I have no issues.

Maybe they are upgrading the site nearby?

I know this is nothing to do with LTE/Network Vision, but Sprint called me back , said about 7 towers are down in the Weston area, they have technicians working on it, but should all be back up by Friday.

I was looking at the map of completed sites an I counted 35 from miami to west palm that are completed. I think thats pretty good speed since the market is very big. Does any one know how many towers are in the miami westbpalm market

I was looking at the map of completed sites an I counted 35 from miami to west palm that are completed. I think thats pretty good speed since the market is very big. Does any one know how many towers are in the miami westbpalm market

520 total sites in Monroe, Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties, which make up the entire Miami/West Palm market.

Robert

520 total sites in Monroe, Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties, which make up the entire Miami/West Palm market.

Robert

oo ok. well since there is on 35 done out of 520 its going to be a while until they officially launch the market. launch percent is 40-50 percent right? it might take another 3 months i think cause in January work might or possibly pick up cause its the holidays right now so erricson most likley is not at full force

Is this sprints pannels. Its a small tower behind a radio shack off 441 in boca raton.

http://db.tt/UeYVSfhU

http://db.tt/JPPn30xz

Those are ATT , VZ, or T-mobile RRU's. Sprints setup is unique in that the RRU box is right behind the panel and this doesn't look like any typical NV setup ive seen around these parts. The other setups usually have one box setup far in the back.

Those are ATT , VZ, or T-mobile RRU's. Sprints setup is unique in that the RRU box is right behind the panel and this doesn't look like any typical NV setup ive seen around these parts. The other setups usually have one box setup far in the back.

I'd say AT&T. VZW does not use RRU's. Tmo is not planning RRU's until their LTE deployment. And that last I heard, Tmo was planning on using the new integrated RRU/panel type. Unless they've changed their mind since early summer. They are handsome devils, though.

med_gallery_1_1_25512.jpg

EDIT: We talked about this last Spring: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/770-lte-network-buildout-a-comparison-between-carriers/page__view__findpost__p__17017

I'd say AT&T. VZW does not use RRU's. Tmo is not planning RRU's until their LTE deployment. And that last I heard, Tmo was planning on using the new integrated RRU/panel type. Unless they've changed their mind since early summer. They are handsome devils, though.

med_gallery_1_1_25512.jpg

EDIT: We talked about this last Spring: http://s4gru.com/ind...dpost__p__17017

Ah yes. I was hesitent about T-mobile since I've never seen them use RRU's but I've seen them mentioned to be using a form of RRU. Verizon ... that's something new.

Interesting... We do learn new things every day :)

• Like 1