Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

congrats to those getting LTE, but what i want to know is the tower outside FIU(university park)... they have one one side of FIU (tamiami) and the other (westchester), we can only get LTE if we go off the campus or up on the 8th floor of the library. thats how freaking close we are to LTE. can anyone chime in?

Edited by jonathanlc2005

Less obstruction to the tower at a higher floor?

Also I've noticed that there's been several hits in the Hialeah area D=

Need more hits in the south area lol. Well I really want my job to have it 3g is slow, and i can't watch my netflix anymore without buffering, and I work overnight. I used to do 20-25gigs netflixing nightly. [i am sure I am not impacting anyone from using that much bandwidth since most are asleep] but i know with any other carrier I would be asked to pay a leg or an arm.

congrats to those getting LTE, but what i want to know is the tower outside FIU(university park)... they have one one side of FIU (tamiami) and the other (westchester), we can only get LTE if we go off the campus or up on the 8th floor of the library. thats how freaking close we are to LTE. can anyone chime in?

Yeah that's like at the dolphin mall. On the second floor where the theater is it's full bars of 4G and on the first floor it's only 3G.

• Like 1

Just got off the phone with sprint and a tower is out in my area an phone is on constant roaming an i can barley use the internet thanks to the tower being out. They say it should be up tomorrow

To be honest I think the whole market is messed up because one day I took a ride from my office in Miami(By Jackson Hospital) all the way to Boca (by Glades Rd and 441) to see family and the whole ride up to Boca my internet was not working not one web site would load and I even left one site up the whole way and nothing. Also the whole ride my bars where low like 1-2 bars and at times it switched between Sprint and Extended and I even had one or 2 dead spots. Then once I got to there house I saw no improvement the whole time I was there, and I ended up sleeping over and the next day we took a ride from Boca to Delray Beach(a few blocks from the Beach and downtown) to see more family and that little trip from Boca to Delray Beach and the whole time I was there I saw no improvement at all again.

To be honest I think the whole market is messed up because one day I took a ride from my office in Miami(By Jackson Hospital) all the way to Boca (by Glades Rd and 441) to see family and the whole ride up to Boca my internet was not working not one web site would load and I even left one site up the whole way and nothing. Also the whole ride my bars where low like 1-2 bars and at times it switched between Sprint and Extended and I even had one or 2 dead spots. Then once I got to there house I saw no improvement the whole time I was there, and I ended up sleeping over and the next day we took a ride from Boca to Delray Beach(a few blocks from the Beach and downtown) to see more family and that little trip from Boca to Delray Beach and the whole time I was there I saw no improvement at all again.

I found out there working on 2 towers by glades an boca rio road thats why its so bad. The sprint lady said there upgrading those towers an the tower is only running at 60 percent

Yes only 4 towers in 2 weeks which was kind of disappointing. Going by memory of the previous accepted towers, it seems out of the 4 accepted, 2 were in the Miami area and obviously the other 2 must of been in the West Palm / Broward area. The 2 towers added in Miami were: (1) in the intersection of I-95 and I-195 where there previously was one tower accepted, so now theres two really close by, (2) and the other one was in North Miami a little bit west of I-95. This is by memory of the towers that were accepted long ago.

Also, I went back to the tower accepted 3 weeks ago located at US1 and SW 144th St, which I reported some time ago that you cannot connect to it, and its still the same, no LTE from it even though it was accepted 3 weeks ago. Sensorly also doesnt have anything nearby. So 3 weeks after, the tower is still being blocked / not broadcasting LTE or whatever technical term describes whats happening.

Moreover, went to visit family in Miami Gardens and checked out the 2 towers there. See picture:

post-2326-0-52946100-1354026772_thumb.jpg

The one at 183rd St and 47th Ave (marked by a red dot to the right of the picture) which was I believe the first tower in all the Miami market is still going strong and I was able to get a 25/5 speedtest from it etc. However, the one accepted 3 weeks ago by 183rd St and 57th Ave (marked by a red dot to the left of the picture) I couldnt connect to it. This one however has a strong purple signal in Sensorly which must of been while they were testing because in the last 2 weeks (after being accepted) I been going to it and havent been able to connect. So I guess we have the second case of a tower being accepted but you cannot connect to it (the other one being the one at US1 and SW 144th St as I mentioned earlier)

I was just at the Walmart yesterday by the tower on 57th and my phone didn't connect. I was just thinking how awesome would it be if that one had 4g. That area really needs it; data is non-existent during rush hour.

Yes only 4 towers in 2 weeks which was kind of disappointing. Going by memory of the previous accepted towers, it seems out of the 4 accepted, 2 were in the Miami area and obviously the other 2 must of been in the West Palm / Broward area. The 2 towers added in Miami were: (1) in the intersection of I-95 and I-195 where there previously was one tower accepted, so now theres two really close by, (2) and the other one was in North Miami a little bit west of I-95. This is by memory of the towers that were accepted long ago.

Also, I went back to the tower accepted 3 weeks ago located at US1 and SW 144th St, which I reported some time ago that you cannot connect to it, and its still the same, no LTE from it even though it was accepted 3 weeks ago. Sensorly also doesnt have anything nearby. So 3 weeks after, the tower is still being blocked / not broadcasting LTE or whatever technical term describes whats happening.

Moreover, went to visit family in Miami Gardens and checked out the 2 towers there. See picture:

post-2326-0-52946100-1354026772_thumb.jpg

The one at 183rd St and 47th Ave (marked by a red dot to the right of the picture) which was I believe the first tower in all the Miami market is still going strong and I was able to get a 25/5 speedtest from it etc. However, the one accepted 3 weeks ago by 183rd St and 57th Ave (marked by a red dot to the left of the picture) I couldnt connect to it. This one however has a strong purple signal in Sensorly which must of been while they were testing because in the last 2 weeks (after being accepted) I been going to it and havent been able to connect. So I guess we have the second case of a tower being accepted but you cannot connect to it (the other one being the one at US1 and SW 144th St as I mentioned earlier)

Yeah the one on 144th and US1 is right by me less than 1/2 mi from my home. It's more like an array on top of a small office building than a tower. I don't know if that has anything to do with it being withheld from broadcasting. I go to that publix next to it all the time so I'm constantly monitoring it.

Yeah I couldn't see the tower when I went by. I assumed it must be roof-top mounted or something, but your question is interesting though: does it make a difference in being a regular tower or roof-top mounted?

Also, the tower at US1 and SW 128th St must also be roof-top mounted since you can't see a tower around there either...

I can confirm new lte tower has been lit up in broward. i take the same route to work everyday and today i got lte on us-1 from the 595-exit (there was lte there but it would go back to 3g as soon as i headed north on us-1). today i had lte from the us-1 loop heading north all the way to 17th street causeway. It went back to 3G once i hit the bridge that goes over the intercoastal. Speeds were very impressive the whole drive. :)

• Like 1

I can confirm new lte tower has been lit up in broward. i take the same route to work everyday and today i got lte on us-1 from the 595-exit (there was lte there but it would go back to 3g as soon as i headed north on us-1). today i had lte from the us-1 loop heading north all the way to 17th street causeway. It went back to 3G once i hit the bridge that goes over the intercoastal. Speeds were very impressive the whole drive. :)

That's crazy I drove that way last night and didn't pick up any LTE after exiting from 595 heading north on US-1. I basically had LTE from University Drive all the way East until I exited..

That's crazy I drove that way last night and didn't pick up any LTE after exiting from 595 heading north on US-1. I basically had LTE from University Drive all the way East until I exited..

ya its awesome! i literally check everyday and to my surprise, my 4g speeds started to dwindle to like 4 or 5 mbps around the loop and to my surprise, they went back up to aroudn 25 mbps around marina mile/us1 and stayed strong all the way until the bridge where it abruptly went back to 3g. build out is starting to look nice for broward county on sensorly

At this rate. I doubt south Florida will hit be complete till the summer at least. Hopefully the build outs take off.

Yeah, it seems that way. All of West Broward has nothing and I did get LTE three times and once it was awesome, 40MB/down and 8MB/up but the other two times I got like 768kbps/down and 1MB/up and slower every time. Arg?!

I was just on sprint network enhancments website it shows data speed upgrades capacity upgrades an so on. But I looked at it an it shows a tower near me got a data speed upgrade. Does that mean the tower is starting to get upgraded to lte or is it just a 3g upgrade?

I was just on sprint network enhancments website it shows data speed upgrades capacity upgrades an so on. But I looked at it an it shows a tower near me got a data speed upgrade. Does that mean the tower is starting to get upgraded to lte or is it just a 3g upgrade?

There's no real way to know for sure. That website has been tracking the maintenance updates that are mean to hold over the network until NV work arrives, but has also recently been showing a speed upgrade when LTE arrives. Most likely, it was just a maintenance update. If you happen to go by the tower, look for the new NV panels on the tower. If those are present, then NV may be starting on that tower.