Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

I just got off the phone with sprint an they said within the next 30 to 60 days lte should be live in the west palm beach area. That's soinds like a long time cause i can't stream pandora or youtube with out it buffering lol i jus wanna smash my phone somtimes

That may sound like a long time but if that what's they're saying then expect 60-90 days before an official announcement. We've all seen activity down south but I've yet to see anything in West Plam down into Boca Raton.

I know my tower friend got called to DC to help with relief efforts and restoring the Sprint network up there. That may slow us down here since there are less techs.

Well they sure do need it! I'm waiting on LTE in West Palm before I pull the trigger on a Note II.. No SVDO for 3G but it does support SVLTE. If we don't go live soon OR news breaks on the CDMA HTC J variant (currently Verizon exclusive DNA) then I'll just continue enjoying my E4GLTE.

That may sound like a long time but if that what's they're saying then expect 60-90 days before an official announcement. We've all seen activity down south but I've yet to see anything in West Plam down into Boca Raton.

Well they sure do need it! I'm waiting on LTE in West Palm before I pull the trigger on a Note II.. No SVDO for 3G but it does support SVLTE. If we don't go live soon OR news breaks on the CDMA HTC J variant (currently Verizon exclusive DNA) then I'll just continue enjoying my E4GLTE.

yea i know man. i have checked few towers so far an the only thing i have noticed is att an verizon are upgraded on those towers lol. but i am hoping for december to atleast start seeing lte in some spots that might be a pipe dream

Anyone having problems using Sensorly on their phones and/or loading the page on the computer?

This morning I kept trying to access the page and it kept timing out and I had to reload many times for it to work etc. I had forgotten about this, and so I was just coming south on Palmetto and I picked 4G around NW 36th St, i remembered someone mentioning that now 4G extends all the way to SW 88th St and so I wanted to map it however when I went to "map trip" and hit "start" it wouldnt collect any points (4g nor 3g/2g). I came home and tried to access sensorly.com and had the same problems as in the morning. Then it hit me that it might be related...

Anyways, I didnt keep 4G till SW 88th St, it dropped a little bit before the SW 72nd St exit.

Anyone having problems using Sensorly on their phones and/or loading the page on the computer?

This morning I kept trying to access the page and it kept timing out and I had to reload many times for it to work etc. I had forgotten about this, and so I was just coming south on Palmetto and I picked 4G around NW 36th St, i remembered someone mentioning that now 4G extends all the way to SW 88th St and so I wanted to map it however when I went to "map trip" and hit "start" it wouldnt collect any points (4g nor 3g/2g). I came home and tried to access sensorly.com and had the same problems as in the morning. Then it hit me that it might be related...

Anyways, I didnt keep 4G till SW 88th St, it dropped a little bit before the SW 72nd St exit.

No problems here. I know yesterday I got an update from sensorly via the App Store.

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

Been having trouble with the app opening on my iPod touch after the update yesterday. Works fine on my note 2 though.

Right now I'm in Miami Gardens at 57th ave and 176th st and I was hoping I would pick up 4G from the first tower that went live in the Miami market but sadly I'm not getting anything...

Based on the sensorly map your out of range from that tower. There's no purple area there. That's like the same scenario here where I live. I'm within 1-3 blocks away from LTE on turnpike and 120 st. But here in Kendall breeze I can't pick up LTE. Once that tower on 874 or hammocks goes live I'm sure I will.

Look at the dark purple. That's where the tower is (183rd st and 47 ave). Also look at all the less-solid purple zones spawning to the sides, which I think obviously is from that same tower.

There's no tall buildings or anything in this area. I think I should be able to get signal where I am.

My guess is that the tower is off. When I leave here I will pass by where the tower is to confirm if indeed I'm out of range or the tower is off.

post-2326-13519694736533_thumb.jpg

It may very well be that I'm out of range but the fact that there's no purple shading does not imply that. It could be that there is signal but no one has mapped it (which is what I was hoping)

That's true. I was hoping the same here where I live at. I'm literally like 2 blocks away from purple area and no LTE.

It also depends on whichever phone you have. I was excited to see lte was mapped at the gym I go to since 3G is always useless in there even with 5 bars. When I got there today this is what I found.

post-2565-13519763322492_thumb.jpg

My iPhone never got an lte signal. Not even outside in the garage. I'm guessing some phones have a stronger radio than others and that's why some people get lte in some areas while other people do not.

And I have the GS3 which according to Robert is one of the good ones from his unpublished testing of the different LTE radios in the different phones.

Btw, i passed by the tower and I picked up 4G so yeah I guess I was out of range where I was...

post-2326-13519774370897_thumb.jpg

. . . My iPhone never got an lte signal. Not even outside in the garage . . .

:scratch: If your iPhone is the 4s (as your profile shows), then don't expect to find an LTE signal.