Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

Sprint LTE speeds on turnpike from SW 216st-288st...tuherusy.jpg

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

It's a shame you can't map all that area on sensorly with your iphone...

Btw, im eagerly awaiting for today's update to see which sites got added this week...

http://www.math.miami.edu/~luisrodg/

It's a shame you can't map all that area on sensorly with your iphone...

Btw, im eagerly awaiting for today's update to see which sites got added this week...

http://www.math.miami.edu/~luisrodg/

Yeah for real tell me about it. I wonder why on the iPhone we can't perform this task.

Yeah for real tell me about it. I wonder why on the iPhone we can't perform this task.

It must be a limitation of Apple's iOS. To be honest this isn't that surprising given Apple's tight fist...

Anyways, did you see the 2 towers added in yesterday's update? They are to the sides of the Palmetto around the area where we been getting LTE pretty consistently lately so that was to be expected.

It must be a limitation of Apple's iOS. To be honest this isn't that surprising given Apple's tight fist...

Anyways, did you see the 2 towers added in yesterday's update? They are to the sides of the Palmetto around the area where we been getting LTE pretty consistently lately so that was to be expected.

Yeah I noticed. Now we know why on coral way and 87 ave we can almost get 32mbps. There's a tower right about there. I hope soon LTE hits Kendall.

Sprint LTE speeds on turnpike from SW 216st-288st...tuherusy.jpg

I passed thru that area over the weekend. And of course the people with S3s in their car switched to it automatically while I limped along on 3G. Sigh.

Some things thou shalt not do. Father Apple only wants what is best for you, knows what is best for you. Listen, follow, and your reward will come when you go to that big orchard in the sky.

;)

AJ

• Like 4

Some things thou shalt not do. Father Apple only wants what is best for you, knows what is best for you. Listen, follow, and your reward will come when you go to that big orchard in the sky.

;)

AJ

LMAO!

I just went by another sprint tower by me and I was wondering if this is a sprint 4g lte tower. If u look at the white pannels all the way at the top u can see a modem right behind the pannel there is about 3 pannels like that. This tower is in west boca raton off glades an boca rio road. If u need the tower number i can get it. Can some one confirm this a lte tower

http://db.tt/zwCX71ZO

http://db.tt/xlBOZB29

http://db.tt/wcVYcU8d

http://db.tt/oW8Ku7w6

http://db.tt/VJ0WEWzK

http://db.tt/sGBQRv1a

The pics are at different angles so u can see the rru behind the pannels at the verry top.

By the way on my way to school today I saw a tower around turnpike and Hollywood blvd being worked on. Not exactly sure of the intersection but right next to turnpike around that area. Ill pay attention when I pass by tomorrow.

Around 8 st and 67 ave. The area is covered in lte goodness all the way to 40 st and 67.

8 st and 67 ave is literally a couple blocks from the tower that was accepted in yesterday's update. This tower, I assume, is also the one giving LTE connectivity to the palmetto and 836 area. I have passed multiple times (4-5) by that area and indeed have connected to 4G but in all those times speeds have been terrible (you can see my sub-1mbps download speedtest a couple pages back) and now you are getting 30mbps. Hmm I have to go back and see if I can get those speeds now...

Around 8 st and 67 ave. The area is covered in lte goodness all the way to 40 st and 67.

I drive on palmetto everyday. Everyday my iPhone 5 picks up LTE. Since in the AM I'm stuck in traffic it's nice to have it. That tower on coral way and 87 it's giving all that goody LTE in that whole area.

Got 4g for the first time...too bad it was just a drive by but it was nice seeing the 4g icon on my phone lol.

This was on Miami gardens drive and 47 I think.

-Sprint Galaxy Slll_Transformer Prime-

I like your screen. Simple, clean and looks good. I think I am going to find that same shot. I like it a lot.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Just drove around a little and was able to get at least 2 mbps in all places where my phone was showing LTE even just one bar, which in my experience is more than usable. 3 bars or more correlates with at least 10 mbps. The main issue I encountered other than LTE not being available in all areas, was the delay in switching from 3g to LTE. On the iphone it first drops to the dreaded circle for a while before it picks up the LTE signal. Also the LTE signal seems to be weaker than the 3g signal. In my house with LTE off I get about -55, but once I connect to LTE it goes up to about -88. Not sure why that happens. Other than that the service is really a huge improvement where available, and once more towers are updated it will get much better!

Just drove around a little and was able to get at least 2 mbps in all places where my phone was showing LTE even just one bar' date=' which in my experience is more than usable. 3 bars or more correlates with at least 10 mbps. The main issue I encountered other than LTE not being available in all areas, was the delay in switching from 3g to LTE. On the iphone it first drops to the dreaded circle for a while before it picks up the LTE signal. Also the LTE signal seems to be weaker than the 3g signal. In my house with LTE off I get about -55, but once I connect to LTE it goes up to about -88. Not sure why that happens. Other than that the service is really a huge improvement where available, and once more towers are updated it will get much better![/quote']

LTE is measured in RSRP. 1x/EVDO is measured in RSSI. You add 25dBm to convert RSRP to get a RSSI equivalence. So a -88dBm RSRP is approximately -63dBm RSSI. So, not much difference really. Also, you may be connected to different CDMA site than LTE which can account for differences in strength.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 3

I like your screen. Simple, clean and looks good. I think I am going to find that same shot.

That shot reminds me of my most requested photo, which I captured early one foggy morning over a decade ago.

343n2no.png

I shot it on medium format color reversal film. But with the demise of photochemical printing, I probably should get a high resolution digital scan of my original film stock.

AJ

• Like 1