Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

I've been running the SignalCheck Pro app, and I am definitely seeing a lack of LTE signal around the towers I mapped last week. The only signal I've seen all week was a VERY weak, intermittent toggle between -122 dBm and No Connection around the tower in the Abington / Meadowbrook area.

I have yet to catch any signal at all around several other LTE approved towers in Lower Bucks (Southampton, Neshaminy & Bensalem). Driving the PA Turnpike and Street Rd every day, those 3 towers should definitely be well within range, but I don't see anything. All in due time...silver lining, speeds & coverage on EVDO are really good for the most part. I've been seeing speeds at or above 1Mbps almost everywhere between Willow Grove & Bensalem.

I drove right next to the Neshaminy HS water tower yesterday where LTE was accepted last week and toggled airplane mode a few times. No LTE on my EVO. Did they turn it off? I still have yet to see my device catch any LTE signal :(.

It was live last week Wednesday-Friday and went dead over the weekend and is still back to it's boring, slow 3G.

Unrelated note, Speedtest.net App has been updated to have iPhone 5 compatibility with a new icon and other stuff. Finally haha

I drove right next to the Neshaminy HS water tower yesterday where LTE was accepted last week and toggled airplane mode a few times. No LTE on my EVO. Did they turn it off? I still have yet to see my device catch any LTE signal :(.

This morning, I was picking up a weak LTE signal on the PA Turnpike from just past Second Street Pike in Southampton all the way to my exit @ the Street Rd slip ramp in Bensalem. It wasn't any stronger than -116 dBm, and it was also intermittent. Once I got on Street Rd eastbound, I lost it before I reached Parx. It's there, but it wan't enough for my phone to switch over since the EVDO signal was very strong.

Here's a screenshot while I was sitting at the slip ramp intersection with Street Rd:

post-12191-0-01572000-1363962677_thumb.png

Looks like it's off today as well in the northeast. I've been able to get a really strong signal for the past week every time I am at this light waiting in traffic. Even after cycling airplane mode this is what I ended up with. ava6ysag.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

post-12193-13639854714583_thumb.jpg

LTE activation seems to have taken a step back, but the NV tower in downtown Willow Grove has been consistently showing 3G speeds around 2.5 Mbps down/1.5 down for the past week. If Network Vision consistently provides that kind of performance, then LTE isn't all that critical for my needs.

• Like 2

I caught a surprise LTE signal in the Glenside/Jenkintown area today, at the intersection of Jenkintown Rd & Highland Ave. It was near other mapped areas, but all those towers have appeared dormant this past week. I also caught an LTE signal at 69th Ave & Old York Rd just over the Philadelphia border. I carried it throughout Broad & Olney, where the signal strength hit -48 dBm (!) before I dropped it just before the Boulevard. I had LTE up the Boulevard, Whitaker Ave then Algon Ave just before Rhawn St. It appears that most of the towers in the northern suburbs are restricted while the ones in North Philadelphia are still in operation. Is the network split up into geographic blocks?

• Like 4

I was in an area with LTE last night (fort washington), right under the blanket but still couldn't connect to it.

I work in Fort Washington and have not yet picked up LTE. 3G speeds keep fluctuating, so something is happening. I'm sure it's being worked on.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

My service the last two days at my house has really sucked, I am normally getting between 2-5 bars but lately I have been at 1 or worse; roaming. I've tried doing the ##update# but it doesn't seem to help, perhaps I should call sprint and have them give me a free airwave. But perhaps they are doing work on the tower, I can only hope.

My service the last two days at my house has really sucked, I am normally getting between 2-5 bars but lately I have been at 1 or worse; roaming. I've tried doing the ##update# but it doesn't seem to help, perhaps I should call sprint and have them give me a free airwave. But perhaps they are doing work on the tower, I can only hope.

If this isn't normal chances are they are working on a tower near you. From most accounts during the NV rollout service gets worst before it gets better.

If this isn't normal chances are they are working on a tower near you. From most accounts during the NV rollout service gets worst before it gets better.

Yeah usually sitting at my desk at home I would have between 2-3 bars, now I am usually at 1 if not roaming but it goes between 1 bar and roaming a lot and never stays on roaming so I am now getting delayed texts and not getting phone calls. At work (2 miles away but closer to the tower) I get normal coverage and speeds so maybe it's just something they're doing with my local tower. Edited by BlueAngel

I don't get this at all, I am pulling my hair out at this reception but the weird part is now I never got these speeds at my desk I was lucky to get .15 down and up but if you look at the last 3 results I am getting over 1Mbps down, it went above 2Mbps all 3 times and stayed at 1.8 for a bit but settled down. Those speeds at 1 bar seem a little off to me, almost like my signal bars are off?

2s9zlec.png

Edited by BlueAngel

I don't get this at all, I am pulling my hair out at this reception but the weird part is now I never got these speeds at my desk I was lucky to get .15 down and up but if you look at the last 3 results I am getting over 1Mbps down, it went above 2Mbps all 3 times and stayed at 1.8 for a bit but settled down. Those speeds at 1 bar seem a little off to me, almost like my signal bars are off?

After I downloaded an Android app called SignalCheck (see the link to the thread about it at the bottom), I realized that the bars don't really give you an accurate depiction of network speed. There isn't an iPhone version of the app and I don't think iOS gives you any access to the kind of data this app provides, but the speeds you're showing are definitely in the NV-upgraded eHRPD range. On other NV towers, I've been seeing consistent speeds from 1 Mbps up through or just above 2.5 Mbps. If I'm farther from these towers, I still see the higher speeds in short bursts, but there is no consistency to it whatsoever. Upload speeds seem to bounce all over the place no matter where I am.

http://s4gru.com/ind...gnal-strengths/

I just thought I'd share my experience in the same general area so you didn't think you were going crazy. Also, I have passed by the Fort Washington tower at least 5 times over the past 2 weeks, both on the PA Turnpike and on Rt 309, and I can't pick up the signal either. I have a feeling many of the towers in the areas currently have LTE turned off.

After I downloaded an Android app called SignalCheck (see the link to the thread about it at the bottom), I realized that the bars don't really give you an accurate depiction of network speed. There isn't an iPhone version of the app and I don't think iOS gives you any access to the kind of data this app provides, but the speeds you're showing are definitely in the NV-upgraded eHRPD range. On other NV towers, I've been seeing consistent speeds from 1 Mbps up through or just above 2.5 Mbps. If I'm farther from these towers, I still see the higher speeds in short bursts, but there is no consistency to it whatsoever. Upload speeds seem to bounce all over the place no matter where I am.

http://s4gru.com/ind...gnal-strengths/

I just thought I'd share my experience in the same general area so you didn't think you were going crazy. Also, I have passed by the Fort Washington tower at least 5 times over the past 2 weeks, both on the PA Turnpike and on Rt 309, and I can't pick up the signal either. I have a feeling many of the towers in the areas currently have LTE turned off.

I turned on field doagnostic mode and enabled the -dB meter and I usually sit at -96-106 and from what I gather that's not good.

I turned on field doagnostic mode and enabled the -dB meter and I usually sit at -96-106 and from what I gather that's not good.

I'm guessing the tower near you is down for upgrade NV (or basic maintenance) and your phone is picking up a tower further away from you that is already upgraded to NV thus why your reception is so crappy but your download/upload test figures are performing better than normal.