Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

Sure, it does happen a lot, but my overall point is that I usually have a solid 3+ bars of 3G with no flipping to 1x, and today its going crazy. Maybe its just wishful thinking though.

I'm sitting at 4-5 bars on 3G at work and I still see it going to 1x quite frequently.

It could be a good chance they're working on it since a good amount of towers have been activated last week

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Quite possibly, all around me LTE is activated within 6-10 miles I can only think it should be enabled here soon.

My phone has been flipping back and forth between 1xRTT and 3G in my office in Horsham. I am hoping this is a sign they are working on some nearby towers as the 3G is usually pretty strong in my office.

Not to say you are definitely getting it soon, but the exact thing happened to me, the next day the 3g speeds were unbelievable, and that tower was one of the first to come on.

• Like 1

Not to say you are definitely getting it soon, but the exact thing happened to me, the next day the 3g speeds were unbelievable, and that tower was one of the first to come on.

And I started roaming off the Sprint network while showing 1x...And then no network, it shows I am on a sprint network in my engineering screen but the mobile network type is "unkown".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gftpq14fm5c6r97/2013-03-18_12-38-28.png

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last night while laying in bed surfing I decided to turn WiFi off. OMG! Web pages were loading so fast- faster than anything I've seen in the past year on 3G.

Too bad that was only temporary. After about 1/2 hr had to turn WiFi back on.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity I was checking out Verizons 4g coverage on Sensorly and downtown Philadelphia is completely covered. Outside of that, however, the coverage seems very spotty. Northeast Philly doesn't have much, it's on all the main roads, but even then, it is 1 bar at most. Sprint absolutely has better 4g coverage in this area, and if they keep up this pace,I wouldn't be surprised if they surpassed Verizon, in this market at least.

Edited by dcybokjr

My phone has been flipping back and forth between 1xRTT and 3G in my office in Horsham. I am hoping this is a sign they are working on some nearby towers as the 3G is usually pretty strong in my office.

Please let this be true...the tower that covers much of the Horsham office complexes is on the 8-story Abington Hospital building at Maryland Rd & Commerve Ave in Willow Grove. This is the same tower that services my neighborhood. With that tower and the other one in downtown WG, and I would have 4G from my front door all the way down 611 to at least Roosevelt Blvd. That's 10 miles easy!

• Like 1

Please let this be true...the tower that covers much of the Horsham office complexes is on the 8-story Abington Hospital building at Maryland Rd & Commerve Ave in Willow Grove. This is the same tower that services my neighborhood. With that tower and the other one in downtown WG, and I would have 4G from my front door all the way down 611 to at least Roosevelt Blvd. That's 10 miles easy!

I am actually sandwiched between 2 towers, the one you mentioned and the one on Witmer Rd. between Dresher Rd and Norristown Rd. I am so ready for the 4G to get turned on here.

I am actually sandwiched between 2 towers, the one you mentioned and the one on Witmer Rd. between Dresher Rd and Norristown Rd. I am so ready for the 4G to get turned on here.

Tell me about it. One of the LTE approved towers in Bensalem is less than a mile from my office but I can't seem to catch a signal even when I'm 50 feet away. Frustrating!

Edit: From what I can tell from Sensorly, nobody else can pick it up either. It should be close enough to I-95 for people to pick up LTE for a decent stretch.

Is it odd that I some how feel very accomplished because the blip of LTE mapped on Sensorly in Hellertown is from me mapping it. I feel like its an achievement xD. But anyways i'm very glad things are moving along quickly. Im constantly checking my phone for a 4g indicator!

• Like 2

Is it odd that I some how feel very accomplished because the blip of LTE mapped on Sensorly in Hellertown is from me mapping it. I feel like its an achievement xD. But anyways i'm very glad things are moving along quickly. Im constantly checking my phone for a 4g indicator!

I said the same thing earlier in this thread, in fact, I visited a friend after work yesterday and I mapped on the way. I am the only one that maps around here I guess, cause there is a solid line of 4g from my work to his house on Sensorly.

• Like 2

Out of curiosity I was checking out Verizons 4g coverage on Sensorly and downtown Philadelphia is completely covered. Outside of that, however, the coverage seems very spotty. Northeast Philly doesn't have much, it's on all the main roads, but even then, it is 1 bar at most. Sprint absolutely has better 4g coverage in this area, and if they keep up this pace,I wouldn't be surprised if they surpassed Verizon, in this market at least.

Not everyone maps they're journey's off of roads, I would assume they just map it when they're on big roads or roads they frequent. You know what I mean?

tff see rd f2f g ft gtg f fgff Dr repertory theatre cc g kick hop Ohio Z yggg f2f Za cc z2222334455699/6898880968

Sent from my SPH-L900 u'+))sing Tapatalk 2/''+++////))((32#&_(__(6 5 5_ext 44 [E4GT])))))((()))())(((((((/)6()))(((((())))))7))))))))((=(((((#===/)()()7))))(((:)) :^))())(:)))):))())((7))(6(()))))())(((()6(____((((((((()((((((5555555___())))))))))(

• Like 1

I said the same thing earlier in this thread, in fact, I visited a friend after work yesterday and I mapped on the way. I am the only one that maps around here I guess, cause there is a solid line of 4g from my work to his house on Sensorly.

I think a lot of the people who frequent this forum map with Sensorly. I know that I don't map in an area where there has been no 3G upgrade because as we all know, Sensorly is a battery hog.

tff see rd f2f g ft gtg f fgff Dr repertory theatre cc g kick hop Ohio Z yggg f2f Za cc z2222334455699/6898880968

Sent from my SPH-L900 u'+))sing Tapatalk 2/''+++////))((32#&_(__(6 5 5_ext 44 [E4GT])))))((()))())(((((((/)6()))(((((())))))7))))))))((=(((((#===/)()()7))))((( :)) :^))())( :)))) :))())((7))(6(()))))())(((()6(____((((((((()((((((5555555___())))))))))(

That was beautiful.

:P

AJ

• Like 3

Haha Aj!

I clicked "report" and ask that post be removed. Didn't come from me per se but the 3 yr old hiding under the blanket with my phone.

Now if you don't mind I need to uninstall the 9 games he installed. :D

• Like 3

Haha Aj!

I clicked "report" and ask that post be removed. Didn't come from me per se but the 3 yr old hiding under the blanket with my phone.

Now if you don't mind I need to uninstall the 9 games he installed. :D

The best part is the quote.

• Like 1