Network Vision/LTE - Richmond & Southern Virginia Markets

darrellbooker

Thanks for all the threads they were very helpful. I recommend the SignalCheck Pro app to EVERYONE I know. I was so used to enabling Wi-Fi when I got home I was in shock when the app notified me LTE was available! If you live in Midlothian, I have mapped LTE starting at Midlothian Middle School. (I haven't gone past Salisbury so I don't know how far towards Powhatan it stops) thanks again for everyones help. 

">http://

Download Sensorly so you can map it.  http://tinyurl.com/mzt8vmx

hehehe tweetcaster

Hardly. That's not the one on grace street I can confirm that. I believe this is one is on commerce street. When I go there this evening, I'll check signal check pro to verify it's location. 

I talked to her and she getting LTE at her place. 

I talked to her and she getting LTE at her place.

Awesome. I never was actually able to go home. I've been stuck on campus working on a major project, but when I go back to pass out I'll be sure to check then. Glad she has LTE working now.

Awesome. I never was actually able to go home. I've been stuck on campus working on a major project, but when I go back to pass out I'll be sure to check then. Glad she has LTE working now.

Actually something weird is going on, I just came through the bottom and signal check pro is telling me their is a tower on E. Canal St. I connected to the tower on 600/broad st, E grace st and a Tower on  E.Canal. 

Noticed yesterday when I was driving on 95 Near Phillip Morris, I was getting LTE. Got on Jeff Davis & bells Rd...had LTE for a little bit more...but once I got off Jeff Davis...it went back to 3g. 

FWIW  Perry st Tower is doing LTE testing. I picked up LTE on it today on it but not a data connection.

That tower behind McDonald's on MechanicsvilleTrnpk is broadcasting  LTE but I seems like it is pointing towards Central gardens/ up Mechanicsville trnpk.    

I picked that tower up momentarily in Highland park but tower from 600 E broad was the only one that reached.  

So walking around downtown today, near 5th and E Main, my phone finally grabbed an active 4g signal. Band 41 too. Here's the result:

uploadfromtaptalk1398964879098.jpg

Not sure what happened on upload portion of test.  Signal strength dropped from nearly 5 bars to 1 right before upload started.  

But still. That's some nice speed.  Wish Sprint would move faster.  

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So walking around downtown today, near 5th and E Main, my phone finally grabbed an active 4g signal. Band 41 too. Here's the result:

Not sure what happened on upload portion of test.  Signal strength dropped from nearly 5 bars to 1 right before upload started.  

That's definitely band 41, which typically does have lower upload speeds. I'm glad you see it around 5th and main again! I connected to 4G around there a few weeks ago, but it went away because of what I assume was testing.

:)

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1398964879098.jpg

All three tower's downtown LTE has been on for the past week. Even with signal check pro the towers are so close I do a speed test and before I'm done its says I'm on a different tower.

So this morning I'm sitting in my truck getting ready to pull out of my driveway(Jeff Davis & Bells Rd) to goto work turnoff my wifi then 4G LTE pops up. Looks like they're turning on alot of locations in South Richmond. I'm still having alot of problems with these drop calls driving...It's killing my fiancee' she's ready blow off Sprint. 

So this morning I'm sitting in my truck getting ready to pull out of my driveway(Jeff Davis & Bells Rd) to goto work turnoff my wifi then 4G LTE pops up. Looks like they're turning on alot of locations in South Richmond. I'm still having alot of problems with these drop calls driving...It's killing my fiancee' she's ready blow off Sprint. 

Are you near chester, because I didn't get a single hit of LTE driving down Hull street this morning.  Really would like to see more progress from Sprint.  

My wife is constantly complaining about her phone not working right.  She would've had us leave Sprint by now, but I switched us to a Framily plan with 9 lines so we're not going anywhere.  Needless to say that results in me hearing a lot about how calls drop and her phone data doesn't work.  

Are you near chester, because I didn't get a single hit of LTE driving down Hull street this morning.  Really would like to see more progress from Sprint.  

My wife is constantly complaining about her phone not working right.  She would've had us leave Sprint by now, but I switched us to a Framily plan with 9 lines so we're not going anywhere.  Needless to say that results in me hearing a lot about how calls drop and her phone data doesn't work.  

I'm actually in the City of Richmond but its borderline Chesterfield. Chester is about 10-15 minutes away though. Not far at all. I do drive down the Chester alot though. My fiancee' and I were down that way last week and she was on the phone...DROPPED CALLS she was going off on me...lol. I keep trying to tell her it shouldn't be too much longer until this mess gets fixed but she isn't trying to hear that. Sprint needs to get that mess fixed like yesterday.

I'm actually in the City of Richmond but its borderline Chesterfield. Chester is about 10-15 minutes away though. Not far at all. I do drive down the Chester alot though. My fiancee' and I were down that way last week and she was on the phone...DROPPED CALLS she was going off on me...lol. I keep trying to tell her it shouldn't be too much longer until this mess gets fixed but she isn't trying to hear that. Sprint needs to get that mess fixed like yesterday.

So it sounds like you're in ground zero for drops. Hopefully, the next update will bring you all some relief. The roll out in the northern parts of Richmond were pretty quick. Luckily, RVA is the last big legacy hole on the eastern seaboard.

For whatever reason, Spotsylvania and Caroline counties hate cell phone companies. The DC-RVA I-95 corridor upgrades were also slow for the other carriers.

So it sounds like you're in ground zero for drops. Hopefully, the next update will bring you all some relief. The roll out in the northern parts of Richmond were pretty quick. Luckily, RVA is the last big legacy hole on the eastern seaboard.

For whatever reason, Spotsylvania and Caroline counties hate cell phone companies. The DC-RVA I-95 corridor upgrades were also slow for the other carriers.

Any estimated time frame you know of?

Western to Southern Chesterfield are the last untouched Sprint areas.  Sprint seems to have gone counter clockwise around the city and stopped at midlothian turnpike.  Very annoying.   Hoping that a nice stretch of weather helps speed things along.  

Do you know of a reason why these counties maybe slow to update the towers? I just figure it is because it has a lower population and therefore the upgrades don't benefit a lager amount of customers.

Being in Spotsylvania county, I would love for Sprint to hit our towers. There has been work around the 118 exit for fiber optics (I think its fiber).  But don't know if it has made it to the tower yet, or even if it was going to the tower.

LTE is on and off around my house. Midlothian and Wadsworth.

Man I don't know what happened on Midlothian turnpike, last week with all the rain I stayed with LTE coverage, I went to donate some clothes at the Goodwill by powhite parkway Saturday and nothing. Nice day no LTE , raining and terrible LTE .

Got these numbers while eating at sushi box on Robius rd near courthouseattachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-05-06-14-22-12_1.jpg

Think you mean robius and huguenot.  Good to see a working signal over that way, though.  My phone would constantly ding that 4g was there but has never been able to connect to it.