Network Vision/LTE - Richmond & Southern Virginia Markets

darrellbooker

You right been living in that area for over twenty years and still get crossed up

Think you mean robius and huguenot.  Good to see a working signal over that way, though.  My phone would constantly ding that 4g was there but has never been able to connect to it.

I work out in and the tower I connect to is on Portuguese rd. On the map it's just a brown dot. What does that mean?

A brown dot means that no reports of updates have been received for that tower.

Noticing LTE is popping up more around town... Midlothian, Jeff Davis, Highland Park alot of areas...haven't had too many dropped calls this week neither

I don't know about the Highland park, all the sensory Mapping in Highland seems to have come from me when I went to visit my Uncle on Althea Pkwy. The signal wasn't great and that was using the Tower off Magnolia st. My barbershop is on Laburnum ave and if I go up North ave LTE dies out around Brooklyn Park Blvd.

Feeling frustrated with the fact that southwest chesterfield appears to be getting shafted.  Why is there no activity in this part of the town?  

Has there been no activity on the towers? It could be that they just have not been accepted yet.

Unlike Samsung in Cleveland, it seems that ALU is building from the inner city out to the suburbs. Interesting approach, but I do feel for you all. There was a point during the District roll out (we still have two large chunks untouched) where my phone was more useful as a hand warmer than a phone.

Feeling frustrated with the fact that southwest chesterfield appears to be getting shafted.  Why is there no activity in this part of the town?  

Winterpock area? I don't know if you are missing much,. I am not going to say much but  man....

Has there been no activity on the towers? It could be that they just have not been accepted yet.

Unlike Samsung in Cleveland, it seems that ALU is building from the inner city out to the suburbs. Interesting approach, but I do feel for you all. There was a point during the District roll out (we still have two large chunks untouched) where my phone was more useful as a hand warmer than a phone.

It always possible.  I'm out of town this week so no way to test.  Was just hoping to see something pop up in the next update report for this part of town.  

Winterpock area? I don't know if you are missing much,. I am not going to say much but  man....

I spend a lot of time in that part of town so I would like to see improvement. 

That's the part of town where most of my non-work life gets spent so it matters to me.

Didn't say it didn't matter, all I am saying is don't expect this huge improvement in calling ability. Data speed yes/maybe/IDK. 

I know from the upgrades in RICHMOND not southwest chesterfield especially around my home is now I can't make phone calls throughout my place or text messages. Prior to the upgrade while the network was slower basic stuff worked. 

It's not just my phone my sister lives in some Apartments right on Forest hill ave with an HTC One Max that is tri band.

All I am saying is don't expect much until we get Spark. 

You really can't base you results on an unfinished network either... The sites that are accepted, are accepted internally. When this location officially launched to the public, then we can truly see what the results are. I'm sure they have much tweaking left to do with a lot of these towers, but the good news is: work is getting done!

At the rate all these towers are getting worked on and completed, we'll have this place ready, working, and launched in no time at all. (Relative to how long we've been waiting, of course :)  )

Didn't say it didn't matter, all I am saying is don't expect this huge improvement in calling ability. Data speed yes/maybe/IDK. 

I know from the upgrades in RICHMOND not southwest chesterfield especially around my home is now I can't make phone calls throughout my place or text messages. Prior to the upgrade while the network was slower basic stuff worked. 

It's not just my phone my sister lives in some Apartments right on Forest hill ave with an HTC One Max that is tri band.

All I am saying is don't expect much until we get Spark. 

You really can't base you results on an unfinished network either... The sites that are accepted, are accepted internally. When this location officially launched to the public, then we can truly see what the results are. I'm sure they have much tweaking left to do with a lot of these towers, but the good news is: work is getting done!

At the rate all these towers are getting worked on and completed, we'll have this place ready, working, and launched in no time at all. (Relative to how long we've been waiting, of course :)  )

I keep reminding myself that, the only problem is my company office is in Hampton.  I don't know man something about Virginia. Just tough it out and wait till Spark I guess. 

Just got back into town and my rants appear to be answered. I was passing the tower closest to my neighborhood on 360 when signal check dinged to let me a Lte signal was present. My phone tried to connect but couldn't. I was happy. Then I saw the next tower up had a giant crane next to it. Will have to see if I can see work being done tomorrow.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just got back into town and my rants appear to be answered. I was passing the tower closest to my neighborhood on 360 when signal check dinged to let me a Lte signal was present. My phone tried to connect but couldn't. I was happy. Then I saw the next tower up had a giant crane next to it. Will have to see if I can see work being done tomorrow.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

That tower near Wood lake is showing to been updated per Sprint. Also the tower on courthouse and the one on Genito, So progress has been made heading west up 360.

I guess Robert will get to around to updating the maps here since he has a limited time. 

I live in Midlothian my community is Brandermill I spotted LTE over here in my friends garage. I think the tower is around Bailey Bridge Road I mapped the two little bubbles towards the 288 sign on Hull Street, however that isn't my main tower mine's located between genito(604) and powhite parkway(288) it's 3g signal is decent but I'm still waiting for LTE someone should go to that tower and check it out. I'm sure that tower has been getting upgrades due to me getting 1.07 down and .65 Up as of today but in the last few months it went from sucky to decent to now stable. I just hope sprint hurries up because this tower supports a good size of Brandermill and Genito neighborhoods.

• Like 1

I live in Midlothian my community is Brandermill I spotted LTE over here in my friends garage. I think the tower is around Bailey Bridge Road I mapped the two little bubbles towards the 288 sign on Hull Street, however that isn't my main tower mine's located between genito(604) and powhite parkway(288) it's 3g signal is decent but I'm still waiting for LTE someone should go to that tower and check it out. I'm sure that tower has been getting upgrades due to me getting 1.07 down and .65 Up as of today but in the last few months it went from sucky to decent to now stable. I just hope sprint hurries up because this tower supports a good size of Brandermill and Genito neighborhoods.

www.sprint.com/lte  

put in 23112 and you see all those towers have just been accepted. 

now you just have to wait for back-haul and tweaking. 

So the towers in western chesterfield finally showed up on the last batch of updates. Did a test on tower near Woodlake and managed 1.25 Mbps down and 780kbps up. Ping time was 78 ms. Not too shabby.

I just tested the speed on a friends iPhone 5 in the Short Pump area and got a speed of 21 Mbps Down and 7 Mbps Up on 4 bars of LTE (Band 25). Not looking too bad!