Network Vision/LTE - Richmond & Southern Virginia Markets

darrellbooker

Swiftel is the undisputed final frontier for LTE! I suspect that Richmond might pick up quickly since it appears that most of the Norfolk clusters are complete now.

• Like 1

I was down the 7 cities last weekend. That's nearing completion.. seriously?

Looking at the map the number of towers that are still waiting to get some kind of upgrade is down to single digits for the Norfolk market.  I do hope that means that most of those crews will head west on 64. 

• Like 1

Looking at the map the number of towers that are still waiting to get some kind of upgrade is down to single digits for the Norfolk market.  I do hope that means that most of those crews will head west on 64. 

After spending some days down the 7 Cities, I hope RVA coverage isn't as Wonky.

• 2 weeks later...

What's going on Guys new to the forum here...I was on Sprint Community forum and they referred me here...I wanted to check and see if you guys knew the anticipated launch of LTE in the area here...specifically Southside Richmond/Chesterfield area.... and how good do you guys expect it to be compared to the other major carriers for this area....I have been patiently waiting since April of last year and I'm starting to get VERY impatient...but thanks in advance guys

What's going on Guys new to the forum here...I was on Sprint Community forum and they referred me here...I wanted to check and see if you guys knew the anticipated launch of LTE in the area here...specifically Southside Richmond/Chesterfield area.... and how good do you guys expect it to be compared to the other major carriers for this area....I have been patiently waiting since April of last year and I'm starting to get VERY impatient...but thanks in advance guys

LTE is on around the airport, and Ashland(town of) 

Some work going on around Chester.  

64 heading towards to 7 cities isn't bad. I came up from the Chesapeake a week ago and had LTE pretty much all the way until I got to the 295/64 change over. 

Now for Southside.. Not a thing. 

LTE is on around the airport, and Ashland(town of) 

Some work going on around Chester.  

64 heading towards to 7 cities isn't bad. I came up from the Chesapeake a week ago and had LTE pretty much all the way until I got to the 295/64 change over. 

Now for Southside.. Not a thing. 

Any idea when its supposed to be in full effect? Im at the point I can't take it anymore

Any idea when its supposed to be in full effect? Im at the point I can't take it anymore

All I can say is this, the other day a lot of work was done in the area.

Also download Sensorly and Signal Check.

Sensory can let you know if the area you are at has had any LTE  testing done. Sometimes they leave those areas on unofficially. 

Also some areas you may go may have had some testing done so you may get a taste.

Just got some Band 41 LTE here in Downtown Richmond! They must have finally upgraded the 3G on one of the towers on campus!! As expected it's quite fast since we're out of peak usage hours and there probably aren't too many tri-band devices out here.

Hopefully this means the inner city, through the Chesterfield area mostly have received permits, and with that will begin NV vision updates preferably in clusters like they sort of have been. I feel very confident that the work will start increasing pace soon, since I've been experiencing such a wide variety of positive changes with the network recently. 

This is getting me excited again! 

:)

• Like 2

Just got some Band 41 LTE here in Downtown Richmond! They must have finally upgraded the 3G on one of the towers on campus!! As expected it's quite fast since we're out of peak usage hours and there probably aren't too many tri-band devices out here.

Hopefully this means the inner city, through the Chesterfield area mostly have received permits, and with that will begin NV vision updates preferably in clusters like they sort of have been. I feel very confident that the work will start increasing pace soon, since I've been experiencing such a wide variety of positive changes with the network recently. 

This is getting me excited again! 

:)

You must have noticed it on that Note 3. I just left Sport Medicine and It was nothing for me this morning.

I dropped a co-worker off yesterday and she told me her data been flashing off and on  between 3G and LTE. They live off Maury street. 

I open up Sensory to see if anything been reported in there area and it was nothing but that blimp on Semmes Ave. 

Okay I been on LTE all this morning. I had it at the main hospital all the way up Broad St.

Are you able to map it on sensorly? Also, you're getting LTE on your galaxy S3 or another device? 

LTE was on when I went outside on lunch break yesterday at my job on Semmes Ave(I was very much surprised)...When I left work I noticed it wasn't on.

Edited by izzo2924