Sierra Tri-Fi

dedub

So this has been out a while and now that lte is live in a few cities, how many have one and how well does it work?

has anyone tried using the device with non-sprint branded service, ie clear or virgin?

I'm in a decent wimax area, but no LTE yet (stl).

I would be interested in the device for use with clear unlimited data wimax, until lte goes live here.

Edited by dedub

So this has been out a while and now that lte is live in a few cities, how many have one and how well does it work?

has anyone tried using the device with non-sprint branded service, ie clear or virgin?

I'm in a decent wimax area, but no LTE yet (stl).

I would be interested in the device for use with clear unlimited data wimax, until lte goes live here.

Personally I think the hotspot is better then previous hotspots from Sprint but it does get very poor reception both indoors and outdoors. I notice when my iPhone has 3-4 bars the hotspot only has 1 maybe 2. If you live in a town that is getting LTE in the next few months or a town that already has LTE then make the shift others wait.

I have it for a while now and I love it. It gets a better signal than my Photon and the EVO before it. The only issue with the device for me is that it will continue to update its prl and search for a LTE signal every once in a while. When it does that it stops transmitting but it only lasts for about a few seconds.

I actually use my AT&T note with it and my laptop.

I didn't get the cradle since it looks way too big, but I just might since it's currently just laying on its back and I like for it to be more upright so I can see the screen.

TS

• Like 1

Personally I think the hotspot is better then previous hotspots from Sprint but it does get very poor reception both indoors and outdoors. I notice when my iPhone has 3-4 bars the hotspot only has 1 maybe 2.

Signal bars are a meaningless comparison. The Tri-Fi hotspot has very high ERP and probably has more solid transception than does your iPhone -- signal bars notwithstanding.

AJ

• Like 3