Samsung and google teaming up against apple

ab30494

I just do not see this going as google and samsung may want. I mean if they had this in their pocket the whole time, you would think they would have used it already. If google plans on using the FRAND 3G patent, they will probably get slapped with patent abuse and lose the patents. The FTC are already investigating them for as much.

Plus, last time google tried to partner up(HTC), it got thrown out of court.

I do not think this will go as Fandroids are hoping it will go.

I just do not see this going as google and samsung may want. I mean if they had this in their pocket the whole time, you would think they would have used it already. If google plans on using the FRAND 3G patent, they will probably get slapped with patent abuse and lose the patents. The FTC are already investigating them for as much.

Plus, last time google tried to partner up(HTC), it got thrown out of court.

I do not think this will go as Fandroids are hoping it will go.

The last time Google did not own Motorola and its treasure chest of 15k patents.

That team ramrod graphic in the article is awesome.

Sent from my Jelly Bean Toro using Forum Runner

I'm so unhip...I have no idea what that is in reference to,

Robert

The last time Google did not own Motorola and its treasure chest of 15k patents.

yes they did.

http://www.androidau...al-fight-94352/

It got thrown out. And as I said before, Google's main weapon are the FRAND patents that motorola owns for 3G, wifi, etc. Those are patents for standards. They have to license them using fair and non discriminatory terms. And they are the same patents that they have been trying to use again Microsoft and Apple, which are now being investigated by the FTC for patent abuse.

As I said, This is not the amazing team up fandroids think it is. it is not like captain planet, and their powers combined are not going to change it. If a patent failed when HTC tried, it will not magically work when samsung uses it.

edit: Let me add that I hope I am wrong, because I am sick of these "Patent Wars". Also, I agree with google, that we need to move on to the Innovation Wars.

• Like 1

the patents got thrown out for the way in which they were transferred to htc. it was a legal technicality and did not mean that the patents were useless or invalid. there are specific rules about how someone (htc) can use patents they license / borrow from another entity (google).

let's hope google learned from their mistake.

the patents got thrown out for the way in which they were transferred to htc. it was a legal technicality and did not mean that the patents were useless or invalid. there are specific rules about how someone (htc) can use patents they license / borrow from another entity (google).

let's hope google learned from their mistake.

Exactly. Also this time Apple is also going directly after Google and not just an OEM.