Faster rollout coming soon?

With an (almost) complete target set for the end of 2013... Which is pretty fast, shouldn't we be seeing an (extremely) faster rollout coming in the few months?

It seems like there should be market launches similar to Verizon or more?

Or instead of launching cities like Verizon, are they going to launch cities and branch off of them slowly? Not sure if that made sense but maybe someone will get me.

Sprint will not be launching "markets" that are cities like verizon does. Sprint is upgrading the entire market, not just hitting large cities and surrounding metro areas. A market could be a whole state. Every site will be upgraded to network vision standards. And yes, we should start seeing them completing sites at an increasingly fast pace over the next couple months.

Sent from my CM9 Toro using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Right so then how fast will these markets be coming at us? Sprint is still announcing them like "cities"

They are ramping up now as everyone is trained on how everything works. It will get a lot faster pace and then plateau.

The first markets are named as cities because these are the largest cities in America. The market covers a wide swath around the city that the market is named after. As the markets proceed to the 2nd round, you will see more named after the region instead of the largest city. The Minnesota market covers the Minneapolis saint Paul metro area, which is in the top 20 metro areas, but it also covers Duluth, Rochester St. Cloud etc. Verizon announced all those "markets" separate.

Sent from my CM9 Toro using Forum Runner

With an (almost) complete target set for the end of 2013... Which is pretty fast, shouldn't we be seeing an (extremely) faster rollout coming in the few months?

It seems like there should be market launches similar to Verizon or more?

Or instead of launching cities like Verizon, are they going to launch cities and branch off of them slowly? Not sure if that made sense but maybe someone will get me.

You have to keep in mind that Sprint and its vendors are attacking the largest metropolitan cities first so they take longer to deploy enough coverage so that there are not that many gaping holes in LTE coverage. If you look at some of the recent markets that Robert has provided market updates like Jacksonville and Charlotte where its only going to take 2 months after the first LTE sites are launched to be market ready deployable. I expect to see Sprint ramp up their LTE market announcements dramatically in the first half of 2013 where the majority of the second round markets will be deployed.