Syph3r

Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Network speed is holding them back. They need a little push. 15mhz b25 on every tower and more towers getting b41 equipment should fix this. It's all about how fast they are willing to move.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The biggest thing that could help is densifying both B41 and the 15x15 B25 then aggregated them. The results well change. Sprint network needs to be vzw dense.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sprint on the other hand is 98% of towers with b25 10mhz, b26 5mhz and some still 5mhz b25. No 4x4 mimo, no 256 qam, no CA. It's like Sprint is 3 years in the past.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

When I was in Jacksonville FL last year I did see some B41.

Just now, Tengen31 said:

When I was in Jacksonville FL last year I did see some B41.

Jacksonville has b41 on like 50% of towers. I was talking about where I live. I did see 2 new b41 towers online in Gainesville Fl though.

Jacksonville has b41 on like 50% of towers. I was talking about where I live. I did see 2 new b41 towers online in Gainesville Fl though.
Well at least B25 is 10x10 instead of 5x5 so that's better than nothing

5 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

The biggest thing that could help is densifying both B41 and the 15x15 B25 then aggregated them. The results well change. Sprint network needs to be vzw dense.

Could you imagine 4x4 mimo, 256 qam 3xCA b41 and 15mhz b25 all aggregated? 

3 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Well at least B25 is 10x10 instead of 5x5 so that's better than nothing

Well here it helped on upload but download is still under 1mbps on a large amount of towers. I see 3 permits for Sprints new 2500ghz/800mhz Antenna. But it's taking a long time for them to do a upgrade. Been sitting since December.

Well here it helped on upload but download is still under 1mbps on a large amount of towers. I see 3 permits for Sprints new 2500ghz/800mhz Antenna. But it's taking a long time for them to do a upgrade. Been sitting since December.
That would be awesome. Unfortunately no device supports B25+3x41. Only B25+2x41

Where are the two new towers for B41 located? I’ve only been on B41 while downtown and close to the University of Florida campus.  

45 minutes ago, 1dante said:

Where are the two new towers for B41 located? I’ve only been on B41 while downtown and close to the University of Florida campus.  

One on Archer where previously I could not pick it up. 3xCA too. The other is 441 north where there was no B41 there either.

Oaks Mall needs it ASAP. Speeds are atrocious smh. 

Oaks Mall needs it ASAP. Speeds are atrocious smh. 
How bad

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Like Instagram will barely load bad lol. Usually sub 1mbps...not just inside the mall even outside in the parking lot it’s bad. 

Like Instagram will barely load bad lol. Usually sub 1mbps...not just inside the mall even outside in the parking lot it’s bad. 
Will continue densification can definitely help with getting the speeds back together and coverage too.

I agree. 

37 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Will continue densification can definitely help with getting the speeds back together and coverage too.

You guys underestimate Sprints market share in central Fl. It's big and most of these towers don't have b41. Finding a b41 tower is like playing where's Waldo.

• Like 1

You guys underestimate Sprints market share in central Fl. It's big and most of these towers don't have b41. Finding a b41 tower is like playing where's Waldo.
Definitely it's kind of like finding a needle in a haystack?

• Haha 1

Was inside of Walgreens just now, and I noticed that my signal was unusually stronger than normal. Did I field test and got B41 with UARFCN 39874. This particular Walgreens does have a Sprint express booth inside if that info helps any. Just wondering if this is B41 signal came from a small cell or possibly magic box? Any info would be great. 

Was inside of Walgreens just now, and I noticed that my signal was unusually stronger than normal. Did I field test and got B41 with UARFCN 39874. This particular Walgreens does have a Sprint express booth inside if that info helps any. Just wondering if this is B41 signal came from a small cell or possibly magic box? Any info would be great. 

Which Walgreens was it?

Walgreens on newberry rd in Gainesville. 

My home cell site is getting band 41. Good to see Sprint is still investing in its network while they pursue a merger with T-Mobile.

53652ef48647932e1528883d2f94b58b.png

Top 2 results 15x15. Highest upload speeds I’ve ever gotten

• Like 6

That’s awesome to see the upgrades happening in Duval county. I was at the St. John’s town center two weeks ago getting my phone fixed at the Apple store. Service was OK, but not great. 

53652ef48647932e1528883d2f94b58b.png

Top 2 results 15x15. Highest upload speeds I’ve ever gotten
Is that your home tower??

No this is a tower about 5 miles away near Walmart.

Posted (edited)

So I just stumbled across what appears to be a new Sprint mini macro or small cell in Lake City right by Columbia High School it is still under construction by Mobilitie and the site id listed on the pole is JA90XS054 pics here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jhg5b5qfffimeoc/AAAnogePf_IEtZcie67spx7Ha?dl=0

EDIT: Just uploaded permit to the dropbox folder as well

Screenshot_2018-07-01-09-35-13.png

Edited by jhman101
Added Info
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know about Jacksonville but Ocala and Gainesville have been seeing tons of b41 upgrades the past two months. Most seem to be the 10 port 2500/800 set up. With others being 8 port 2500mhz only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4