Network weirdness in Canton, Ohio

tt0h

Been bouncing between roaming and distant Sprint connections all day. Appears that my closest tower is offline for Sprint atm.

Latt: 40.8667

Long: -81.3442

Hoping it's NV related, but not holding my breath.

Been bouncing between roaming and distant Sprint connections all day. Appears that my closest tower is offline for Sprint atm.

I thought Ohio markets were all round 3 and currently unplanned. Maybe you are getting some bandaid fixes listed at network.sprint.com, could be additional backhaul, voice or data carriers.

I was in the dc area early last week and I was experiencing the same thing. This was happening in areas where I should not be roaming at all.

I wouldn't be opposed to bandaids at this point =]

Currently showing zero bars, then it bounces to Revol and I get a bar or two and it bounces back to sprint.. no bars, etc..

I wouldn't be opposed to bandaids at this point =]

Currently showing zero bars, then it bounces to Revol and I get a bar or two and it bounces back to sprint.. no bars, etc..

Do you have any upgrades listed on network.sprint.com?

Do you have any upgrades listed on network.sprint.com?

Yeah, there are several listed in the next 6 months:

2 Voice, 1 Data Capacity, and 2 Data Speed upgrades scheduled for that tower.

Well, I can't even receive calls on my phone now - they go directly to voicemail. Connections is still bouncing from a distant Sprint tower and a Revol roam. Hopefully they get this sorted very soon.

Like I told Robert, I caught a couple of guys at my sites in Toledo-Sylvania OH , they were putting t-1 lines in for Sprint towers. And now I learned no speed or data capacity untill july 29th at the earliest !! The work is done and now waiting for Ericsson. And I know no NV fore me untill 2013

before and after

imag0112a.jpg

imag0079ws.jpg

• Like 1

Wish I could drive over and see if anyone is there, or what they're doing, but this site is on a wooded hill and no visibility to the base of it.

As an update: Just got off the phone with Sprint, at the # ryry provided above. They show no outages in my area so were going to try to re-activate my phone, but couldn't do it because I was roaming. They're opening a network ticket and will let me know as things develop further.

As an update: Just got off the phone with Sprint, at the # ryry provided above. They show no outages in my area so were going to try to re-activate my phone, but couldn't do it because I was roaming. They're opening a network ticket and will let me know as things develop further.

but couldn't do it because I was roaming

LOL! :hee:

That should have been their first clue that something was wrong with the network in your area.

Robert

• Like 2

but couldn't do it because I was roaming

LOL! :hee:

That should have been their first clue that something was wrong with the network in your area.

Robert

Be interesting to see how soon they get to it. Said they'd call me back with the ticket #.

• Like 1

Been roughly 6 hours and no callback with ticket # or any update..

Call back for a follow up

Sent from my CM9 Epic 4g Touch using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Evening update!

Talked to Sprint, via the number that ryry furnished above, and they mentioned that several towers in the area were giving off "alarms." They have begun researching the issue and will get back to me 'soon' to make sure that my issue is resolved.

ive been having issues too with my phone going into roaming and i live like 4 miles from a tower near sylvania hope they get that crap delt with altho i havnt had any problems with droped calls or not having service tho and somtimes goes from 1x back to 3g

ive been having issues too with my phone going into roaming and i live like 4 miles from a tower near sylvania hope they get that crap delt with altho i havnt had any problems with droped calls or not having service tho and somtimes goes from 1x back to 3g

Strangely enough, my data connection - even when roaming, is EVDO Rev A. But, I don't show any "phone" connection type - such as CDMA2K.

That is wierd wish I was more tec savay Lol ... Was kinda hopeing it was nv related but I know it won't be anywere in Ohio prob til sometime next year hopefully early to mid year but guess well see and the band aid fixes deffantly has helped tho

That is wierd wish I was more tec savay Lol ... Was kinda hopeing it was nv related but I know it won't be anywere in Ohio prob til sometime next year hopefully early to mid year but guess well see and the band aid fixes deffantly has helped tho

Are your roaming issues recent or have they been happening, consistently, for a while?

You may want to give sprint a call and detail the info to them. If nobody is calling/bitching they may not know anything is wrong. Ryry posted a number earlier in this thread that can get you in touch with the right people.

Squeeky(sp?) wheel and all that..