Network Vision/LTE - Toledo Market (Toledo, Bowling Green, Findlay, Lima, Port Clition)

keelerman8042

I was picking up a LTE signal around driving down Sylvania Ave driving toward Corey Road from Talmadge this morning.  Signal died on me right before I hit Holland Sylvania.  I'm about to head back out there with Sensorly running and I'll run Signal Check to (hopefully) see what is going on.

• Like 2

Hello,

I kind of lurked on here a bit to get more info on the updates on towers around the Toledo area. I just saw this pop on my phone so I thought I would actually sign up and post it in here.

I work near the Holland/Toledo border (Airport/Holland Sylvania/Angola area) and my office is smack dab in the middle of our building, so lets just say my service isn't great. Just checked my phone and have LTE service for the first time in this area. It bounces back from 3G to LTE for the past ~20min. or so. Once I leave for lunch I will see if it is constant outside.

I don't know how to do all the posting and stuff and signal strength, but just thought I would post this b/c I live in this area too so I would love to finally have LTE service over here (when not on WiFi)

Thank you for the posting and welcome to S4GRU :welc:

I was picking up a LTE signal around driving down Sylvania Ave driving toward Corey Road from Talmadge this morning.  Signal died on me right before I hit Holland Sylvania.  I'm about to head back out there with Sensorly running and I'll run Signal Check to (hopefully) see what is going on.

Good deal, now that most all the towers but one are accepted if theres backhaul there sites will start firing up more and more, so keep an eye out. Very exciting tho cant wait til most of Toledo is covered

I thought I put up the picture of the Conant tower awhile back, but apparently I didn't I apologize. However, it seems to be a moot point now I am next to the tower now while at work and am pulling LTE from it, it is relatively weak though. On Reynolds between Glendale and Heatherdowns I had full LTE and was pulling 18.35 down.

Edited by Haupricht

I thought I put up the picture of the Conant tower awhile back, but apparently I didn't I apologize. However, it seems to be a moot point now I am next to the tower now while at work and am pulling LTE from it, it is relatively weak though. On Reynolds between Glendale and Heatherdowns I had full LTE and was pulling 18.35 down.

No big deal, but thanks for trying to post. The tower over on Angola Road and Monclova rd along 23 are pushing out LTE now so thats likey one of the two that you are connected too. Should start seeing more sites going live with LTE in Toledo and Metro area

No big deal, but thanks for trying to post. The tower over on Angola Road and Monclova rd along 23 are pushing out LTE now so thats likey one of the two that you are connected too. Should start seeing more sites going live with LTE in Toledo and Metro area

I was just looking at my phone at a red light to change my music and there it was staring at me full bars, I had to post about it. We have all waited so long for it to be rolled out and here it comes.

• Like 1

Any idea on a timeframe for LTE in Waterville? I know that Whitehouse has LTE and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we do .

I dont have any real time frame,

Tho i think someone here said it looked like backhual was being installed a few weeks ago so ill take a guess it shouldnt be to much longer once Sprint gets to the site and backhaul is there. Only a guess maybe a month or less. Im going to say its going to be sooner than later the way they been getting things done around the market now

Edited by keelerman8042

I'm pretty new to this so sorry if this is a dumb question! :)

I discovered the ##DATA# menu a little while ago but just discovered the "LTE Available File" inside. I see it lists SIDs NIDs and BIDs, but if a tower is listed here, what does that mean?

Thanks!

post-32418-0-85510500-1396131915_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty new to this so sorry if this is a dumb question! :)

I discovered the ##DATA# menu a little while ago but just discovered the "LTE Available File" inside. I see it lists SIDs NIDs and BIDs, but if a tower is listed here, what does that mean?

Thanks!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I believe its the 1X site you are on when you are connected to LTE scince it will not give you the SIDs or anything like that with LTE. I may be off but im pretty sure thats it.

Still waiting for LTE in Lima.. This is sad my data speed is 0.6 can't even connect to my apps can't use my data I shouldn't have to use my home wifi just to get a full speed. Guess I'll be waiting all summer for LTE to come "if" it'll come that is lol.

Still waiting for LTE in Lima.. This is sad my data speed is 0.6 can't even connect to my apps can't use my data I shouldn't have to use my home wifi just to get a full speed. Guess I'll be waiting all summer for LTE to come "if" it'll come that is lol.

I highly dought youll have to wait all "Summer" long Sprint plans to have all towers upgraded to NV equitment. By summer. The issue is that no one here has checked out any towers or informed us of any type of work going on so no one has any clue, it could be permiting. For all we know the towers could be upgraded and just waiting for Sprint to check them out espc with Samsung doing them in clusters. Unfortanlly lima is last but i really dont see it being more than a month once accepted , it usally is just waiting on backhaul and if its there than BAM! LTE.

I highly dought youll have to wait all "Summer" long Sprint plans to have all towers upgraded to NV equitment. By summer. The issue is that no one here has checked out any towers or informed us of any type of work going on so no one has any clue, it could be permiting. For all we know the towers could be upgraded and just waiting for Sprint to check them out espc with Samsung doing them in clusters. Unfortanlly lima is last but i really dont see it being more than a month once accepted , it usally is just waiting on backhaul and if its there than BAM! LTE.

Hey Keelerman.

Id really like to help you and others out on whats going on in Lima but not sure how to. :(

What do I need to look for? I work a block away from one of the towers and I have seen people working for the past month or two but im not sure WHAT it is that they are doing? Right now it looks like there is electrical being dug in by the tower? Seen a few AEP trucks by the site last week and this. 

Siting at home and I hear my notification for Lte I get supper excited pick up my phone and I have Lte! Then it goes back to 3g... Way to break my heart lol. Other then that I am picking up Lte all over toledo now can't wait to run sensorly all day everyday to get a great map of the locations.

Sent from an S4!

Hey Keelerman.

Id really like to help you and others out on whats going on in Lima but not sure how to. :(

What do I need to look for? I work a block away from one of the towers and I have seen people working for the past month or two but im not sure WHAT it is that they are doing? Right now it looks like there is electrical being dug in by the tower? Seen a few AEP trucks by the site last week and this.

Sounds like they could be running electrical to maybe were the new cabinets are going to be placed. I sent ya a message with what to look for and such.

Sent from my LG G2