Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-iphone/iphone6

Seems like there is three different models. If sprint doesn't get model A1586 it doesn't look like we'll be getting a spark Iphone 6.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

Sprint is getting the A1586.  The Sprint variant of the iPhone 6/6+ supports B41 Spark.  Welcome to Triband!

Robert

• Like 1

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

Sprint is getting the A1586. The Sprint variant of the iPhone 6/6+ supports B41 Spark. Welcome to Triband!

Robert

That's nuts the number of bands that A1586 supports. I wish android manufacturers would do that too.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's nuts the number of bands that A1586 supports. I wish android manufacturers would do that too.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

The Nexus 5 did.  The new Motorola X-1 does.  But in general, Android devices have been very specific to carriers.

Robert

Looks like LTE Band 12 got left out..for CCA/RRAP. The two models for Sprint A1586 iPhone 6 is Tri-Band and A1524 iPhone 6 Plus is Tri-Band. Woo-Hoo!!

Yeah, it is a minor omission, all things considered.  All RRPP members will be deploying Sprint bands too, and most of the CCA members have more than just Band 12 LTE.  It's good that it supports all the other CCA LTE bands, though.  But the new Moto X+1 supports them all.

Robert

I punched my address into the coverage map, says I have LTE and I don't. Grrrr!

Zoom in to where it shows the two LTE color gradients for BEST and FAIR.  Ignore the Fair coverage areas.  Best is pretty accurate, though in most places.

Robert

No. I would not, could not get a Note 2 or 3 in Davis...in Yolo County...in Northern California. If data performance is critical to you, you must get a Triband phone. Band 26 and Band 41 are a necessity in California.

Hmm okay, but how would I see coverage I would get with a note 4 or iPhone 6? Is there a proper coverage map for either one? I'm only asking this cause my contract ends in November and want to know if I would get constant LTE here in Davis.

Hmm okay, but how would I see coverage I would get with a note 4 or iPhone 6? Is there a proper coverage map for either one? I'm only asking this cause my contract ends in November and want to know if I would get constant LTE here in Davis.

There is not any expected difference in coverage between the Note 4 and iPhone 6, as the iPhone 6 is Triband and the Note 4 is expected to be.  As for the difference in coverage between a Note 2/3 and the Note 4, there will be some coverage differences inside the City of Sacramento.  

But the big difference will be with performance inside coverage areas.  Band 41 tends to run 10x-70x faster than Band 25 only.  There will be many areas where the Note 2/3 would run at 1-3Mbps on Sprint Band 25 LTE, but the Note 4/iPhone 6 could run at 40-70Mbps on Sprint Band 41 LTE in the same spot.

Not to mention that the Note 4/iPhone 6 will have Band 26, which when enabled around Sacto Metro will allow better in building penetration and further coverage from towers.  It is far too late in Triband deployment to consider a Uniband device anymore, unless you have no choice.

Not to mention that the Note 4/iPhone 6 will have Band 26, which when enabled around Sacto Metro will allow better in building penetration and further coverage from towers. It is far too late in Triband deployment to consider a Uniband device anymore, unless you have no choice.

When should b26 get enabled around SacMetro?

Any sites that are broadcasting PCS 1900 LTE should (will) have LTE 800 live by the end of this year if the spectrum is unencumbered and free to deploy. 

Unless there is some incumbent public safety agency in the area still getting extensions from the FCC, I think it could start happening soon.  Like in the next 30 days.

Robert

Unless there is some incumbent public safety agency in the area still getting extensions from the FCC, I think it could start happening soon. Like in the next 30 days.

Robert

????????. Looks like all the waiting and LTE Envy will soon be over for Sprint, and iphone, customers.

Any sites that are broadcasting PCS 1900 LTE should (will) have LTE 800 live by the end of this year if the spectrum is unencumbered and free to deploy.

Can't wait for fast speeds, low latency, and building penetration. ????

• Like 1

There is not any expected difference in coverage between the Note 4 and iPhone 6, as the iPhone 6 is Triband and the Note 4 is expected to be. As for the difference in coverage between a Note 2/3 and the Note 4, there will be some coverage differences inside the City of Sacramento.

But the big difference will be with performance inside coverage areas. Band 41 tends to run 10x-70x faster than Band 25 only. There will be many areas where the Note 2/3 would run at 1-3Mbps on Sprint Band 25 LTE, but the Note 4/iPhone 6 could run at 40-70Mbps on Sprint Band 41 LTE in the same spot.

Not to mention that the Note 4/iPhone 6 will have Band 26, which when enabled around Sacto Metro will allow better in building penetration and further coverage from towers. It is far too late in Triband deployment to consider a Uniband device anymore, unless you have no choice.

Got it. Thanks a bunch. Now, will I be seeing these changes right this instant or are they still setting it up?

Got it. Thanks a bunch. Now, will I be seeing these changes right this instant or are they still setting it up?

When you move to a Triband device, you will notice some things instantly.  Especially around Sacramento.  And it will get even better as more Band 41 is deployed and Band 26 starts getting fired up.  So it will be noticeable now, and getting more and more noticeable as the weeks and months go on.

• Like 2

Got LTE for the first time ever in East Sac last night at 56th and H! 

Me too. Went to Corti Bros and had solid LTE inside and out.

Yep. There was a Sprint site nearby that was fired up and accepted a few days ago. Sponsors got a heads up on it from me a few days ago.

Nice to finally see these updates. It's great that we are finally getting what we were waiting for over the past few years. The last year has been grueling with the "I see trucks!" to "Wait, they're gone...and nothing else is happening." I'm definitely glad I stuck it out.

• Like 2