NYC Metro Network Vision update?

GregSmoov

Hi

I live in NYC and pre-ordered an EVO 4G LTE and was wondering what's the status on Network Vision build out in my area.

3G speeds are atrocious and would hate to have this awesome phone hobbled with poor data connection.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Is anything on this site official LOL.

I was hoping for some LTE love by the summer since NYC was added to the 1st round market build outs.

The information on this site S4GRU.com is not official by Sprint. The only official markets that have been announced by Sprint are: Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Atlanta, Baltimore and Kansas City.

However Robert does have internal documents by an inside source from Sprint so it should be pretty reliable. We will find out how reliable the internal documents are when Sprint begins to officially announce more markets. If they fall in line with Robert's info especially for the first round markets, then you should be confident that his Network Vision running list is a good barometer of when cities will be deployed with Network Vision. Based on Robert's info, NYC is scheduled for a late Fall 2012 release so it definitely will not be available by summer time frame. NYC is very difficult to cover because of all the high rise buildings and there still has to be a ton of testing to ensure that in building penetration is there as well as being able to cover the folks on the ground.

• Like 1

The information on this site S4GRU.com is not official by Sprint. The only official markets that have been announced by Sprint are: Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Atlanta, Baltimore and Kansas City.

However Robert does have internal documents by an inside source from Sprint so it should be pretty reliable. We will find out how reliable the internal documents are when Sprint begins to officially announce more markets. If they fall in line with Robert's info especially for the first round markets, then you should be confident that his Network Vision running list is a good barometer of when cities will be deployed with Network Vision. Based on Robert's info, NYC is scheduled for a late Fall 2012 release so it definitely will not be available by summer time frame. NYC is very difficult to cover because of all the high rise buildings and there still has to be a ton of testing to ensure that in building penetration is there as well as being able to cover the folks on the ground.

How much of a donation does it cost to become a sponsor and have access to the build out maps?

How much of a donation does it cost to become a sponsor and have access to the build out maps?

There is no official minimum donation in order to become a sponsor. However let me quote Robert by saying "if you donate just a few bucks, you better have some mean sob story =)". In all seriousness, its whatever you feel comfortable donating. As a sponsor, I can tell you that it is so worth the donation to get access to the Network Vision live tower map as it really shows how much effort Robert has put to bring us the latest and greatest information on Network Vision.

• Like 4

Yeah, it doesn't take much to be a sponsor and its pretty cool seeing the maps that show the sites that have 4G LTE getting upgraded. A few sites already in Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens. One near my house in fact.

TS

• Like 2

Yeah, it doesn't take much to be a sponsor and its pretty cool seeing the maps that show the sites that have 4G LTE getting upgraded. A few sites already in Brooklyn, Manhattan and Queens. One near my house in fact.

TS

Nothing in the Bronx?

Nothing in the Bronx?

The Bronx is a totally different country. :P International roaming rates apply. :-)

All joking aside, not yet. Then again its only the beginning. Soon enough all of NYC will be covered.

TS

Sent from my Samsung-Galaxy Note using Forum Runner

Network Vision is under way in the NYC market. Only 3 sites are verified complete. But many more under way.

Robert

Network Vision is under way in the NYC market. Only 3 sites are verified complete. But many more under way.

Robert

This must be a Network Vision tower even though it doesn't show on your maps

1337138271646.jpg

I've never seen speeds like that on 3G, where did you run that speed test?

*edit*

You literally are connected to a tower within visual distance. I wish I had speeds like that here.

This must be a Network Vision tower even though it doesn't show on your maps

There are over 2,500 legacy sites with AAV backhaul now that are capable of speeds over 1.5Mbps. This is not necessarily indicative of Network Vision. However, since most NV sites will have AAV, microwave or fiber backhaul, speeds like this will be much more common at sites where NV has been completed.

Was the site you got these 3G speeds from recently much slower? That may help to figure out if these are NV related. Additionally, many sites will be connectable before they are officially marked on-air by Sprint. And there can be up to a one week delay from the time they officially are on-air by Sprint until I get notified. So it is definitely possible to be connected to NV sites before they get posted here at S4GRU.

Robert

There are over 2,500 legacy sites with AAV backhaul now that are capable of speeds over 1.5Mbps. This is not necessarily indicative of Network Vision. However, since most NV sites will have AAV, microwave or fiber backhaul, speeds like this will be much more common at sites where NV has been completed.

Was the site you got these 3G speeds from recently much slower? That may help to figure out if these are NV related. Additionally, many sites will be connectable before they are officially marked on-air by Sprint. And there can be up to a one week delay from the time they officially are on-air by Sprint until I get notified. So it is definitely possible to be connected to NV sites before they get posted here at S4GRU.

Robert

Not really, I consistently get 1 mbps+ download speeds from the tower I connect to at work..

The only time I ever saw 2 mbps or better was at home with the Airvana.

If i disconnect the Arivana at home I can't even complete a speedtest and the rare occasion that it completes a speed test it's usually around .15mbs down and up.

• Like 1