Network Vision/LTE - Boston Market (all of Massachusetts)

brendan4t

This coverage stretches down from Braintree Square Rte 37 to just before the Rehab hospital going towards Holbrook. Strongest in Braintree Square at 16 mbps down to 5 mbps down outside my parents house.. this tower upgrade unfortunately did not help indoor coverage inside my parent's place =\

Just got 16mbps down across from the Olympian diner in Braintree

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I was in needham today. LTE lit up on my phone. Mapped the one spot i had it on sensorly. Don't see a tower in the last update that i could have been connected too. Also i had it for 5 minutes then lost it. Did not move, was sitting in my car waiting for someone to get out of the supermarket.

• Like 1

Got some 4g LTE love today driving from Braintree toward Brockton. 128 to rt 24

around Harrison Blvd. Sporadic though with only 6gb download speeds.

Got to Brockton but the signal disappeared.

Kinda bummed about that. Hopefully they'll get that area hooked up soon.

Try down town on legion parkway, the tower behind Harbor One is upgraded and the Wal-Mart on the Abington Brockton border is upgraded, I was there a week ago and saw the upgrade. You can also try crescent St. by Christos, Comcast, Massasoit college. I don’t have a LTE phone as yet, I’m holding out until they upgrade the South Side of town. I need that Note 2!! if you go over there let me know what speeds you are getting.

Not in my back yard.

You shouldn't need these permits to upgrade existing towers. The fcc grants a license, it should be clear to proceed. This is what drives costs up for us all.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sprint isn't showing their customers they really give a hell. Not showing up at a routine Council Meeting which is mandatory and Sprint knows this. They get rejected, all on Sprint. That is total crap and I am pissed off. I live in Waltham. Now we know why we get lousy Sprint coverage. This is probably happening everywhere if it happened in Waltham. Total Fail on Sprint. Thank God they got bought out.

Sprint isn't showing their customers they really give a hell. Not showing up at a routine Council Meeting which is mandatory and Sprint knows this. They get rejected' date=' all on Sprint. That is total crap and I am pissed off. I live in Waltham. Now we know why we get lousy Sprint coverage. This is probably happening everywhere if it happened in Waltham. Total Fail on Sprint. Thank God they got bought out.[/quote']

Alcatel Lucent was supposed to attend the meeting. Not Sprint. Your rant violates our posting guidelines.

Robert via LG Viper with ICS using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Sprint isn't showing their customers they really give a hell. Not showing up at a routine Council Meeting which is mandatory and Sprint knows this. They get rejected, all on Sprint. That is total crap and I am pissed off. I live in Waltham. Now we know why we get lousy Sprint coverage. This is probably happening everywhere if it happened in Waltham. Total Fail on Sprint. Thank God they got bought out.

You do not know all the circumstances,, you only know what someone said happen. You don't know why it happened. I am willing to bet my life that sprint is not walking around saying "let's screw our customers and just not do anything". People have infantile mentalities sometimes when they don't get what they want when they want it. Your lte will be on soon enough. They are not out to screw Waltham. There is a reason for everything and just because we don't know the reason why certain things happen does not mean it's automatically sprint doing something wrong.. 13 years with sprint and they have done nothing but good by me.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

• Like 1

Picked up LTE near Canton, MA today while riding the commuter rail into Boston on the Providence line. Signal went live right before the Canton MBTA station and stayed lit until a bit after. Was able to map one blip of it on Sensorly. Based on the sponsor maps, not sure where the LTE signal was coming from. I had not previously picked up LTE from either of the two existing towers in Norwood and Stoughton. I guess it is possible that the Canton tower marked as 3G complete is putting out an LTE test signal. Good news either way.

Hopefully more LTE gets lit soon along the commuter rail lines.

• Like 2

Picked up LTE near Canton' date=' MA today while riding the commuter rail into Boston on the Providence line. Signal went live right before the Canton MBTA station and stayed lit until a bit after. Was able to map one blip of it on Sensorly. Based on the sponsor maps, not sure where the LTE signal was coming from. I had not previously picked up LTE from either of the two existing towers in Norwood and Stoughton. I guess it is possible that the Canton tower marked as 3G complete is putting out an LTE test signal. Good news either way.

Hopefully more LTE gets lit soon along the commuter rail lines.[/quote']

I wonder if the WiFi on the trains is feeding off of AT&T's LTE, or if it's still 3G. I remember back in the day when it used Sprint.

I wonder if the WiFi on the trains is feeding off of AT&T's LTE, or if it's still 3G. I remember back in the day when it used Sprint.

I think its pretty heavily advertised on the side of all the WiFi enabled coaches that the service on the commuter rail is provided by AT&T. I know they still won't allow you to use too much bandwidth though.

Slow as molasses on the Lowell Line.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MBTA WiFi is terrible unless the train has no one on it, 3G is usually quicker for basic stuff.

Live in Hull, MA and get 4G randomly on occasion, from the Hingham tower I assume, but very rare.

Beacon Hill now seems solid.

• Like 1

Any one picking up any LTE in the lower pioneer valley(Springfield metro). I am looking at getting either the Note 2,S3 or the iphone 5 and was wondering if i would get any 4g.

There's a couple of towers active in Springfield. There's one in Agawam and Longmeadow. Looks like there's a new one in Holyoke as well. if yo check the sensorly maps you can get a good idea ofvthe coverage

I got 4G at my work today for the first time (in Wilmington near exit 41 of I-93). 10up/10down. Someone who works half a mile south of me reported a 4G signal on XDA last Thursday, but I didn't see anything until today. I also finally applied the firmware update to my EVO LTE over the weekend, so I may be picking up a signal that the old radio firmware couldn't find. I wonder if BS54XC875 will show up as 4G in the next update.