Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

the one directly west of layton hills mall....by the krispy kreme....(no i didnt buy any)

ohhh and, as i re-read my post....i meant to say

the subs had no idea, if they can piggy back...back haul...

i think they knew back haul was there....sorry about that

i'm planning on pre ordering an iphone 5s for my wife in about a week because she has the 4s which isn't even 4g capable. i sure hope there will be some 4g for her to use on her new phone. i know a lot of guys here are android but anyone who is interested, live blogs of the iphone event will start at 11 MST.

This is great, thank you. I did not know that wimax used microwave as primary backhaul. I know that the other carriers do use microwave, but usually only when local backhaul is not practical.

Would it be safe to say that if there is a tower where other carriers have already had centurylink run fiber, that sprint could have CL splice off of that for them? Meaning, are we more likely to see towers with other carriers on it with backhual, light up first?

To be honest I don't know. That's above my pay grade haha

i'm planning on pre ordering an iphone 5s for my wife in about a week because she has the 4s which isn't even 4g capable. i sure hope there will be some 4g for her to use on her new phone. i know a lot of guys here are android but anyone who is interested, live blogs of the iphone event will start at 11 MST.

I am all for android but I do respect Apple and their products. I am a techie and love to see what new stuff is coming out. I am interested in seeing what the iPhone 5s is going to bring to the table.

• Like 1

I am all for android but I do respect Apple and their products. I am a techie and love to see what new stuff is coming out. I am interested in seeing what the iPhone 5s is going to bring to the table.

techcrunch.com usually does a good job at these.

I understood what you were saying :-)   Seems like lately you've been running into tmo subs more than Sprint subs :-)  Is it the same group of guys you keep running into?

no different guys....

though on my 1st big outing...i ran into the same guys in 2 different locations...

this being one of them....they were doing the prep work for the back haul to be brought in...placing boxes etc

Since I returned from vacation, there has no lights on the tower.  But I did see a truck up there..  This is all around the taller tower with not alot of stuff on it yet..

I thought I saw a large cable from the tower to the top of the cabinets, but this from afar.

I have been trying to figure how to get up there, I do have an AWD, so I should be able to get to it

The ones that look like lte panels are the ones on the top row with the two boxes in back of them with the MANY wires coming out of them.  I thought I saw pictures of these on another post.  How do we know these are sprints and if those are lte panels?

So Phoenix finally has more LTE sites than us.  I feel like Utah has come to a stand still unfortunately...I think every market goes through that though.  I know Vegas and Phoenix both went through a period of time when it seemed like nothing happened.  I wonder if once winter hits if that stalls all progress and we will see nothing happen or if during the winter it just moves at a snails pace or if its business as usual?  On another note, I'm shocked at how many people have no idea what LTE is.  There are times I will start talking to people about cell phone stuff or even NV because they have sprint and I mention LTE and they get a blank stare look going on and I ask them if they know what that is or even heard of it and they say no.  This has happened on so many occasions I can't even count.  It surprises me really.  I can understand people not knowing about NV, but LTE!?  Wow...