Another Hello from Chicago

eljam

Hello everyone! I'm Elliot. My wife & i have been Sprint customers for 6+ years and don't want to leave Sprint (phones off contract soon) so this site has been helpful as we've been trying to determine what we will do.

Unlike most, I get a decent WiMax signal in my home and the area and it's generally available on my daily train rides into & out of the city. My issue has been the deterioration of 3G in my area (probably due to influx of iPhone users) and the battery life on my Evo 4G.

I'd consider a 4S on Sprint but the woeful 3G speed (and eminet arrival of the iPhone 5) gives me reason to pause.

Great site, great info, great updates!

Edited by eljam
  • Like 1

Hello and I too live here. I'm in the Garfield Ridge area. I am holding out hope that NV fixes the awful 3G data speeds. WiMAX is holding me over. In some area I get 7-12 download but than sometimes it's as slow as 3G. I am willing to give Sprint till the new iPhone launches and if it does not support LTE I will have to jump ship.

Hello everyone! I'm Elliot. My wife & i have been Sprint customers for 6+ years and don't want to leave Sprint (phones off contract soon) so this site has been helpful as we've been trying to determine what we will do.

Unlike most, I get a decent WiMax signal in my home and the area and it's generally available on my daily train rides into & out of the city. My issue has been the deterioration of 3G in my area (probably due to influx of iPhone users) and the battery life on my Evo 4G.

I'd consider a 4S on Sprint but the woeful 3G speed (and eminet arrival of the iPhone 5) gives me reason to pause.

Great site, great info, great updates!

Welcome! :welc:

And thanks for the compliments.

Robert

Hello and I too live here. I'm in the Garfield Ridge area. I am holding out hope that NV fixes the awful 3G data speeds. WiMAX is holding me over. In some area I get 7-12 download but than sometimes it's as slow as 3G. I am willing to give Sprint till the new iPhone launches and if it does not support LTE I will have to jump ship.

I'm actually in the Plainfield / Romeoville / Joliet area. My 4G never gets as slow as 3G. 3G is at times barely usable which is ironic since my WiMax signal is decent and I also have Wi-Fi at home. I've done Speed test but I'm too frustrated to list the speeds here. :td: First the perk removals, then the worsening 3G speeds, then the billing changes, and now bad service due to the NV updates. I'm not sure how much more they can drop the ball recently, but since we haven't had this level of 'bad' before, we're holding out hope the call setup issues (and delayed text messages) get better soon. :confused:

I'm actually in the Plainfield / Romeoville / Joliet area. My 4G never gets as slow as 3G. 3G is at times barely usable which is ironic since my WiMax signal is decent and I also have Wi-Fi at home. I've done Speed test but I'm too frustrated to list the speeds here. First the perk removals, then the worsening 3G speeds, then the billing changes, and now bad service due to the NV updates. I'm not sure how much more they can drop the ball recently, but since we haven't had this level of 'bad' before, we're holding out hope the call setup issues (and delayed text messages) get better soon.

My 3g isn't all that fast but it's usable and I have mostly full wimax 4G bars I'm on the west side of Chicago also

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

My 3g isn't all that fast but it's usable and I have mostly full wimax 4G bars I'm on the west side of Chicago also

Are you experiencing delayed text messages as well? My wife and I are both getting them 12+ hours (in some cases, a full day) after they are sent. I've got an open ticket with the network team but have not heard a resolution yet.

Are you experiencing delayed text messages as well? My wife and I are both getting them 12+ hours (in some cases, a full day) after they are sent. I've got an open ticket with the network team but have not heard a resolution yet.

Sometimes maybe 5 or ten minutes but never that late My texts mostly come through