Unlocking Pixel

skid71

My wife has a Google Pixel XL (original) that Is activated on Sprint.  When we received our Google Fi SIM cards, I inserted the SIM and tried to activate the phone on Fi.  It was unsuccessful.  Code # D003 or D0003. The First rep checked and said the Pixel had to be unlocked from Sprint.

The following day Sprint sent an unlock signal (not sure how that works) and it was unsuccessful.  The Fi SIM was still in the phone.  Later that evening I put the Sprint SIM back in and since that time Sprint has sent several unlock signals to the phone, all unsuccessful.

Sprint is still trying to send unlock signals.  The phone is powered on, with the Sprint SIM installed.  She can currently send/receive calls/texts/data.

I am trying to figure out why the unlock signals are all failing.

Anyone run into this issue or possibly shed some light on what we can do to get it unlocked from Sprint? Would greatly appreciate any help.

Jeff

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My wife has a Google Pixel XL (original) that Is activated on Sprint.  When we received our Google Fi SIM cards, I inserted the SIM and tried to activate the phone on Fi.  It was unsuccessful.  Code # D003 or D0003. The First rep checked and said the Pixel had to be unlocked from Sprint.

The following day Sprint sent an unlock signal (not sure how that works) and it was unsuccessful.  The Fi SIM was still in the phone.  Later that evening I put the Sprint SIM back in and since that time Sprint has sent several unlock signals to the phone, all unsuccessful.

Sprint is still trying to send unlock signals.  The phone is powered on, with the Sprint SIM installed.  She can currently send/receive calls/texts/data.

I am trying to figure out why the unlock signals are all failing.

Anyone run into this issue or possibly shed some light on what we can do to get it unlocked from Sprint? Would greatly appreciate any help.
Jeff

The bigger question what the F did they lock your BYOD in the first place. I've never had the happen

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

That's a great question. The First rep said Sprint needed to send a "PLBL" to the phone to unlock it from Sprint's Network. I was flabbergasted.

The bigger question what the F did they lock your BYOD in the first place. I've never had the happen

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

If no success, try the international desk.

Strange. Not a Pixel, but none of my Nexus devices (5 and 5X) ever gave me any trouble switching between Sprint and my Tracfone or T-Mobile prepaid SIMs. I would think it not possible for an unlocked device to get locked to the Sprint network. But that is probably a gross oversimplification. default_smile.png

Wait, are you saying it's still activated on Sprint? Like on an active line? That I could see being a problem, particularly with Fi since they also use the Sprint network in addition to T-Mobile. I do believe I did a SIM swap as a test with my Nexus 5X when it was still active on my Sprint line though.

Sprint keeps Pre-paid and Post-paid devices under separate labels in their device management database. Any device activated on Sprint post-paid service typically gets a SPCS (Sprint PCS) "flag"" in Sprint’s system. For whatever reason (I’d assume it is probably a relic of pre-byod days and when MVNOs had crap phone selections), devices that were active on Sprint post-paid cannot be taken to pre-paid without intervention.

Project Fi is a pre-paid Sprint MVNO. What needs to happen here is the “flag” needs to be “flipped” from SPCS to PLBL (Private LaBeL). Either side here Project Fi or Sprint should be able to do this. The key is to finding someone that understands what they're doing.

Edit: the device being Active on a Sprint post-paid account is probably complicating this further.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

It isn't "locked". That phone could take any sim other than a Sprint MVNO right now.

1 hour ago, Grabber5.0 said:

Strange. Not a Pixel, but none of my Nexus devices (5 and 5X) ever gave me any trouble switching between Sprint and my Tracfone or T-Mobile prepaid SIMs. I would think it not possible for an unlocked device to get locked to the Sprint network. But that is probably a gross oversimplification. default_smile.png

Ditto to the above. You aren't running into any issues because you aren't trying to switch between say Sprint and Ting or Sprint and Fi.

• Like 3