Android Pie

jefbal99

Anyone else jump on the DP2 release of Android P this week?  Was very surprised to see the expanded device selection that the preview is available for.

https://developer.android.com/preview/devices/

• OG Pixel / XL
  • Pixel 2 /XL
  • Essential
  • Nokia 7Plus
  • Oppo R15 Pro
  • Xperia XZ2
  • Vivo X21 / UD

Issues I've found on my Pixel 2 XL so far...

• MS Apps don't work with InTune MDM configured
  • Gestures are flakey
  • Radio Switching between towers/data flow is odd

Using Gestures and opening the list of running apps, causes running apps to show in the background of the lock screen or an app running.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone else running the Android P beta?  On Beta 4 now and i can't get the hidden menu via *#*#3282#*#* to edit anything.  When I input the MSL code, it just goes to a black screen and hangs.eventually the app times out and I get offered to kill it.

If you are just viewing the settings, it works fine, only editing causes issues.  Perhaps an issue with newer security in Android P?

Wondering if any of the other Android P beta devices have the same issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Another issue is that I get no Voicemail notification icon when I have a voicemail.  I forget to check when I have a missed call and i end up with six or seven VMEs for weeks ago.

Can't find anything on this issue, anyone else experiencing this?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2018 at 2:49 PM, jefbal99 said:

Another issue is that I get no Voicemail notification icon when I have a voicemail.  I forget to check when I have a missed call and i end up with six or seven VMEs for weeks ago.

Can't find anything on this issue, anyone else experiencing this?

Got the VM indicator figured out, somehow my account switch for the Voice Mail indicator got switched to off.  A Sprint Rep was able to flip it for me and all is good now.

On DP5 now, none of the Hidden Menus are working yet, PRL and Network updates hang.

• jefbal99 changed the title to Android Pie
Pie is officially released, still hidden menus hang...
Report it on the bug tracker? I've read there might be magisk hide issues so I'm holding off on the upgrade for now

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 8/6/2018 at 7:14 PM, ingenium said:

Report it on the bug tracker? I've read there might be magisk hide issues so I'm holding off on the upgrade for now

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I need to remember how to do that

3 minutes ago, mrknowitall526 said:

I HATE the new volume slider. Why the hell would they default it to control media volume? It is way too difficult now to control ringer volume.

A lot of the settings take extra taps now.  I do not like it.  It is visibly appealing but not as functional as Oreo.  It seems like they made changes just to say it is something new.

Agree! Love the way it looks but really hate how it works!

They seem to have changed Bluetooth so that it can't ring on the phone and Bluetooth at the same time. I have an add on Bluetooth in my car and now I don't hear any rings or texts unless I switch to that input. Stupid. Unless there's a setting I'm missing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...