Sign in to follow this  
WiWavelength

nation's Most Reliable Wireless Network currently experiencing multiple outages

Just reminds us that no one is immune to the occasional outage, not even Big Red.  Sometimes I think particularly egotistical people could use an occasional bitch slap (reality check?) as well.  Read: my former boss.

That said, cute graphic.  It did elicit a few hearty chuckles. 

• Like 1

scgw9g.jpg
AJ
Downdetector.com shows relatively few complaints but definitely some issues. Quite small compared to AT&T's reported national issues a few days ago with VoLTE. Sprint's issues with LTE a few months ago fell in between. I also recall T-Mobile having issues a while back.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, dkyeager said:

Downdetector.com shows relatively few complaints but definitely some issues. Quite small compared to AT&T's reported national issues a few days ago with VoLTE. Sprint's issues with LTE a few months ago fell in between. I also recall T-Mobile having issues a while back.

I have Xfinity mobile and that runs off them. I haven't had any issues.

AT&T had a big calling issue a couple of days ago. I’m sure Sprint will have an outage in due time, too.

We really should delete this thread...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think if you are totally dependant on wireless, it might be best to carry two phones that use different networks. This would not only give protection against outages but possibly for service gaps. Cost of the backup phone could be reduced by using a MVNO

If money is no object, get a satellite phone. Of course even if you have a satellite phone there are times and places you won't get coverage (deep valleys, too far north/south, no satellite overhead).

Let us not forget Wi-Fi calling and femto cells as alternatives for mobile phone service in certain situations.

• Like 3

You guys don't get it's all just a joke based completely on the image? It's not related to something specific in the news.

The V and R are burned out. Multiple outages. Get it?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The implication was that the image was posted (even designed)  specifically to poke fun at an actual outage. Seemed to make perfect sense. 

If no outage actually happened, cool. But I think we assumed one actually did. Hence, the image. 

9 hours ago, S4GRU said:

You guys don't get it's all just a joke based completely on the image? It's not related to something specific in the news.

The V and R are burned out. Multiple outages. Get it?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I can't believe nobody else got it lol. I saw the title and was like "what?" then saw the sign. There'd have been news everywhere if they had any real outages. 

On 11/18/2017 at 11:22 AM, JonnygATL said:

The implication was that the image was posted (even designed)  specifically to poke fun at an actual outage.

Nope, not "designed," just documented.  That image is an unadulterated photo that I took of a VZW store while I was out and about on Friday night.

AJ

4 hours ago, WiWavelength said:

Nope, not "designed," just documented.  That image is an unadulterated photo that I took of a VZW store while I was out and about on Friday night.

AJ

haha i must be slow. good one 

8 hours ago, WiWavelength said:

AJ

That's pretty ironic. Wasn't sure if it was manipulated or not. It only makes it better that it was not.