Legacy Plan to Unlimited Freedom

derrph

I'm currently on the Unlimited My Way and I'm thinking about switching over to the Unlimited Freedom plan. Besides my bill being $15 more and not having mobile hotspot, are there any downsides to this newer plan? For those who did switch off to UF from a legacy plan, what are your thoughts/experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm currently on the Unlimited My Way and I'm thinking about switching over to the Unlimited Freedom plan. Besides my bill being $15 more and not having mobile hotspot, are there any downsides to this newer plan? For those who did switch off to UF from a legacy plan, what are your thoughts/experiences?

I made that same switch about two months ago. Haven't had any problems.

I made that same switch about two months ago. Haven't had any problems.

My only concern is the music portion of the plan. I use Apple Music and at times Tidal and stream at High quality for Apple and HiFi for Tidal. Shouldn't the 1.5mbps be ok for Tidal or do you even think Sprint really enforces the stream restriction?

My only concern is the music portion of the plan. I use Apple Music and at times Tidal and stream at High quality for Apple and HiFi for Tidal. Shouldn't the 1.5mbps be ok for Tidal or do you even think Sprint really enforces the stream restriction?

Not sure about Tidal but I haven't encountered any issues with Apple Music.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Unlimited Freedom plan and stream Spotify and Pandora on HQ and never run into streaming or quality issues. 

I have the Unlimited Freedom plan and stream Spotify and Pandora on HQ and never run into streaming or quality issues.

I looked over the UF plan over and over and literally closed my eyes and changed my plan from the Unlimited My Way. Honestly I don't think Sprint monitors the music steaming to its 1.5mbps because I am able to stream Tidal at HiFi and it doesn't miss a beat. The videos for my start out grainy but then kicks into its 1080p. Overall I'm happy with the plan don't miss my legacy plan anymore lol

• Like 1