International Roaming

4GHoward

Some might support GSM/EDGE/W-CDMA/HSPA roaming. As for LTE roaming, only if the country adopts LTE on 1900 PCS-G will that happen. Otherwise, I don't see too many international LTE devices for a while.

GSM chips are cheap enough to do so, but CDMA carriers typically reserve only a few devices every few years for international roaming capabilities. As for LTE roaming, it will probably be quite a few years before chipsets are capable of supporting multiple LTE frequencies and still maintain decent battery life. If you like to travel halfway across the world a lot, then the first round of Sprint LTE devices aren't for you.

Some might support GSM/EDGE/W-CDMA/HSPA roaming. As for LTE roaming, only if the country adopts LTE on 1900 PCS-G will that happen. Otherwise, I don't see too many international LTE devices for a while.

That is probably why Sprint is interested in using Clearwire Future LTE Network possibly for International Roaming with countries such as China.

That is probably why Sprint is interested in using Clearwire Future LTE Network possibly for International Roaming with countries such as China.

It could be, but I think it's more that Clearwire is more interested than Sprint, and Sprint will just reap the benefits of such a deal.