Sign in to follow this  
prodeq12

Sprint Will Be the First American Carrier to Offer Service In Cuba

Big news for me since i have and will travel to cuba. http://gizmodo.com/sprint-will-be-the-first-american-carrier-to-offer-serv-1740069469

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jeez, what a slanted piece of writing. I guess those in the tech media just can't help themselves.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Maybe Sprint will also be an Internet Transit provider there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• The set up took several times and really was a hit or miss for me. I tried the wifi option and it kept timing out, however; when I unplugged the pebble then replugged it in, after the LED light sequence set up it was a solid green light then flashes when connected. I think that when inputting in the wifi info, it showed as timing out, but the info went through b/c I see that it flashes when I am near. The first time it happened I was a bit surprised and just gave up as it not working so I unplugged it then replugged it and the light was green.   My wifi router that connects into the cable is indoors, so that won't work for me. If you cannot use the antenna with the ethernet cord then don't use it b/c it will not work if it cannot lock a GPS signal according to the instructions.
    • I'm guessing that's the case. I spoke with 2 different reps on 2 different dates (both were clearly American) and both told me the launch date was June 12th. The second time I called I asked the guy "are you sure about the June 12th launch date and are you sure that it's the V60". He said yes I'm absolutely sure. He said they wouldn't know anything about pricing until June 12th but he was sure about the launch.
    • I am also interested in what T-Mobile or Dish will do with the b26 spectrum. While Dish has an option to buy it after 3 years and a penalty if they don't, I am not sure why they would want to. I would like for T-Mobile to sell it to the Cellular Carriers (band 5) and have them redo band 5 to they can each have 15x15 allocations.
    • It will be very interesting to watch a greenfield 5G network being built from the ground up. From what I understand it will be based on open RAN and C-RAn it that the equivalent of enodeB and RRUS can reside in the cloud virtualized as software and ran on general purpose computers. Of course, there are tradeoffs in that you need low latency/high bandwidth connectivity between your antennas and the rest of the network. So a successful network strategy will probably have to mix and match depending on whether you're talking about urban, suburban and rural. In urban setting you could virtualize both the enodeB and the RRU, for the suburban setting virtualize the enodeB but keep the RRU as hardware and in rural setting keep both as hardware.
    • So help me understand something.. 1st, i have a handful of phones about ready for upgrades (still not impressed with the UPGRADE offer but what ever) As I am reading, IF you get one of the S-20s  Does the "update" kick you on to native Tmo, with sprint as the backup?? Because I had Tmo for a little while, and wasnt that impressed.. Where I am at in utah (north of salt lake) Sprint is better in 90% of the areas... So i dont want to cut my nose off here, if all it is, is a jump bac on Tmo, until all the merging is done...At which point I am sure it will be AWESOME...