The process of swapping between devices

markjcc

I have a iPhone 6s currently which has a Nano sim card inside (Sprint)

I have a on hand LG G2, With a micro sim card slot.. Can I just use a Nano sim adapter to Micro sim and stick it in the G2? Then on the Sprint website "Activate a new device"

Can I swap back and forward as much times as I want?

Can someone give more insight on the process of switching between devices on the same line.

You will need a valid working sim compatible with your G2.

You can swap devices very easily via your mysprint account > activate a new device

Once a device (and it's sim) have been activated in your account, you can even easilerly (yeah I know it's not a word) swap because sprint remembers your previously activated devices and gives you a list of previous devices to switch to (or switch to a new one which requires the ESN/CIM etc numbers).

edit:

further, when you do a swap via your mysprint account, sprint will email you the setup info including the oft discussed MSL code (of the device you are activating).

You will need a valid working sim compatible with your G2.

You can swap devices very easily via your mysprint account > activate a new device

Once a device (and it's sim) have been activated in your account, you can even easilerly (yeah I know it's not a word) swap because sprint remembers your previously activated devices and gives you a list of previous devices to switch to (or switch to a new one which requires the ESN/CIM etc numbers).

So I'd need to get a separate sim for the G2? but what happens to the other sim on the iPhone does it de-activate or something where i'll need to purchase a new sim again?

In general, for sprint, the sim stays with the phone.

You can, swap sims into directly compatible phones (ie iphone 6 to another iphone 6).

My suggestion is to use the sprint chat or corp store to get a fresh new sim for your G2, then you will be able to activate it with your device and swap active phones back forth without continually having to swap sim cards too.

The sim in your iphone will simply be inactive (but still attached to your iphone) for the next time you re-activate your iphone.

Once you do a swap online, you will see how relatively simple the process is.

the only thing that might be confusing is the whole confirmation about backing/transferring your info between phones, but I simply ignore/cancel that screen and click whatever it is to continue.

for example, when I go to activate a new phone on my account, I am given the direct option to go back to the most recently used device;

current m8 > activate new phone > nexus 5 (previous device which I can keep or put a new sim #) or select another inactive device > my original nexus 5 (which died and was replaced), htc m7, note 2, etc.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...