mhammett

Select Spectrum EBS Auction

I didn't see any other threads relating to EBS auctions, so I think I'm in the clear.

There's going to be ~500 EBS licenses up for auction soon.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zk32cnd7d03ca6/Select%20Spectrum%20EBS%20Auction.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wx5lhfv2aznicyu/Select%20Spectrum%20EBS%20Auction.png?dl=0

• Like 2

Just to make matters clear, this is not a scheduled FCC spectrum auction.  This is a private auction.

AJ

Would Sprint be interested in any of these?

No clue. Maybe they're even the source of some of them? Pure speculation here.

Just to make matters clear, this is not a scheduled FCC spectrum auction. This is a private auction.

AJ

Correct.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Would Sprint be interested in any of these?

Presumably yes. They just bought out the other BRS license holder in Lincoln of all places. I'd imagine they approach this auction and look at licenses on an individual basis to see if any of them make sense for Sprint.

Again, no compensation of any kind goes to me, just spreading the information about what's going on.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By lilotimz
      Samsung TDD-LTE gear which are being utilized in Clearwire priority sites. .   Clearwire - Samsung TDD-LTE RRH SLS-BD106Q & Antennas           Samsung TD-LTE RRUs mounted behind BRS/EBS Antenna     Sprint 2500-2600 mhz TD-LTE Setup Note the Antennas are much thicker and fatter than the antennas being utilized by Sprint Network Vision.  

Clearwire TD-LTE Base Station / Cabinet
      May be subject to change as TD-LTE sites start being integrated into the Network Vision setups.

Happy Hunting!
        I'll clean the post up this weekend when I have more time.   Courtesy of Sbolen from Missouri market. Samsung TDD RRH SLS-BD104Q1
      Samsung TDD RRH SLS-BD106Q
    • By KD8JBF
      Found an article on FierceWireless speculating that Sprint may not jump into the AWS auction...Thoughts?

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/analyst-sprint-might-pass-fccs-spectrum-auctions/2014-04-04?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=internal

• By lilotimz
      Samsung Telecommunications America
      2.5 ghz 8T8R RRH & Antenna
      Model: RRH-V3 / RRH-B8

The equipment and antennas as posted are unique to Sprint Corporations nationwide 8T8R TDD-LTE deployment and there should absolutely be no mistaking these equipment for anyone elses. This specific setup uses a Samsung 8 Transmit 8 Receive (8T8R) Remote Radio Head (RRH) and a compatible 8T8R 2496-2690 mhz antenna.

A Sprint Samsung B41 TDD-LTE (Spark) 8T8R Setup

Samsung Network Vision 1.0 + 2.5 Setup

NV 1.0 + 2.5 Setup with RADAR filters 

Close Look

View from Back

View from Below

Special Case "Tri-Band Antenna" Setup Deployed for engineering reasons these sites do not deploy a dedicated 8T8R antenna for 2.5 but instead opts for a three frequency antenna that supports 800 MHz + 1900 MHz and 2500 MHz. Due to size constraints for the antennas they limit the 8T8R RRUs to 4T4R (4 Jumpers from radios to antennas)  with the subsequent decrease of maximum capacity (60 MHz vs 120 MHz of 8T8R).   

Diagram of above setup

Much thanks to el1117 & dkyeager & Oakley707

Full album