Why doesn't Sprint make a phone with LTE and WIMAX together on one phone?

mase31

Why doesn't Sprint make a phone with LTE and WIMAX together on one phone that would be nice so that we can use LTE and WIMAX so if we can't get one we would be able to use the other like if we can't get LTE in one area and have WIMAX in that area we will be able to what is in that area if Sprint make a LTE and WIMAX phone all in one that would be nice to have.So if u have 3G LTE WIMAX all in one phone that would be great.How do u feel about this?

The biggest problem with this is that WiMax costs too much to produce. Not too mention that Sprint has publicly announced that they will only support WiMax for existing phones until the end of 2015. Producing more phones to access a dying network is not profitable for them. I think it is a smart move for them to do it this way.

(But I would personally like to see a Tri-Network phone to test out and see how the battery life is on one, knowing how bad the battery life is on WiMax phones now.

• Like 1

I'd have to think that part of it is that sprint wants to eliminate wimax since their contract has sprint paying clearwire a flat fee per month for wimax phones. Whether they are in a wimax area or not. If there were tri band phones they would likely charge more per month.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

All of these are correct.

• Device would be cost prohibitive
  • Device would have battery life issues
  • Only certain chipsets could support it, and OEM's may not want to use them (None are in use in any flagship device planned)
  • Sprint pays Clearwire per WiMax device, irregardless of usage

Robert

Because you'd have to carry its battery in a fanny pack to make it run more than an hour. And since WiMax coverage is just a myth as far as I know, I don't see the point in spending the engineering money & time as well as testing, FCC approvals, etc. Also, the $4.76 / month Sprint pays Clearwire for every WiMax device sold, regardless of coverage or usage of 4G, would mean less money for Sprint.

• Like 2

Because you'd have to carry its battery in a fanny pack to make it run more than an hour. And since WiMax coverage is just a myth as far as I know, I don't see the point in spending the engineering money & time as well as testing, FCC approvals, etc. Also, the $4.76 / month Sprint pays Clearwire for every WiMax device sold, regardless of coverage or usage of 4G, would mean less money for Sprint.

Fanny packs used to be so cool. Lol

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

What planet are you from? They weren't in my youth.

Man when i was a lil child I remember going to the zoo and rocking a Fanny pack. Everyone had em back then.

Don't hate. Lol

You know if it was an iFannyPack you'd get one. Jkjk

Man when i was a lil child I remember going to the zoo and rocking a Fanny pack. Everyone had em back then.

Don't hate. Lol

You know if it was an iFannyPack you'd get one. Jkjk

I'm not hating. I just don't care to wear one. If I want to carry stuff, I wear cargo pants for all the pockets, lol. And as for an iFannyPack: Heck NO I wouldn't get one, lol.

I'm not hating. I just don't care to wear one. If I want to carry stuff, I wear cargo pants for all the pockets, lol. And as for an iFannyPack: Heck NO I wouldn't get one, lol.

k im done for the night. sorry for the OT.

the Hulk rocks em....instant cool. lol

rXIkxu3owqikomf8oZXs0Gtzo1_250.jpg

• Like 2