Sprint App Pass

dedub

Haven't see much discussion on this yet, seems like it could use a thread.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/08/19/sprint-app-pass-is-an-all-you-can-download-subscription-app-store-launching-august-29th-and-priced-at-5-per-month/

From the article, not sure how well this would work since it appears to be a separate app store entirely from the play store and amazon market.

Now if google or amazon directly supported something like that, I would be more inclined to check it out.

It looks interesting but it's not something I would ever get into. I already own most of the apps I need or want, it might be of some use to some one that is just switching to Android though. It all really depends what kind of stuff they have in there if it's worth it or not. It's interesting in the screenshot from that page it looks like the phone is roaming. I used to get that little triangle on my older phones any time I roamed.

I use the same apps over and over.  I rarely try out new apps.  I maybe download one new app a month.  And then end up deleting about half of them.

I guess I'm an old fuddy duddy and don't see the allure of this.

Robert

• Like 3

I use the same apps over and over.  I rarely try out new apps.  I maybe download one new app a month.  And then end up deleting about half of them.

I guess I'm an old fuddy duddy and don't see the allure of this.

Robert

Me either.

Well over the long term, its probably not worth it.. unless you buy/use more than $60 worth of apps per year.

In the short term, it allows you to try out a lot of paid apps without commitment.

Kind of like renting console video games (or netflix dvds).

Some games you know you want to buy so you just buy them outright.

Other games, you pay a few bucks to try out for a limited time, then decide if you want to purchase or send it back.