LTE link question

htcguy

Hi, new here still.  How come my Sprint phone no matter where I go, even in a big LTE Sprint market my LTE cant hang on as long as when I was with AT&T and Verizon?  I have been in a market where Sprint has LTE on 800 too and it just seems like the same thing....  Help please!

You list your device as an EVO LTE, which is not LTE 800 (B26) capable. Are you actually using a Triband device?

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

In the lucky areas where B26 (LTE on 800) is active, it is usually "unoptimized". When the site integration techs first turn on B26 they turn the power levels/downtilt way down to avoid interference. Over the next several months, RF techs visit each B26 site and adjust the power levels/downtilt until the B26 stretches as far as possible without interfering with nearby cells. It may take a few months because it usually takes several tries to get it right.

Providence is not finished being upgraded to LTE. There are still sites remaining. B26 is not even active yet on every LTE site either, let alone all Sprint sites. It will improve over the next 6 months or so.

Over in our Sponsor section, you can see maps of what has been upgraded. Here is more info about how to become a Sponsor: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

I go through the same thing pretty much, B26 is in it's infancy here for the most part and is always a lower signal than B25. Though I am sure once things get adjusted things should be good. The odd thing is in some areas of my house I will pickup B41 (about the same as B26 as far as completion and adjustments) at around ~115-130 which is more or less unusable but it's there, once B26 is adjusted I should be good to go.

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Like 1