Merging Sprint and Tmo Physical Networks.

richy

Yeah i believe verizon skipped towers on its 700mhz deployment, and left "extended service" gaps here

They did the same in New Mexico and South Dakota.  But they came back and filled them in.  Here in South Dakota they are even putting up new sites in between Cellular/700 spaced sites to increase capacity.  Verizon is really stepping up their game.  AWS with 15 and 20MHz LTE channels, and densifying their network.  They are taking the battle very seriously.  That's why Sprint must execute quickly and decisively in 2014.

Robert

• Like 5

They did the same in New Mexico and South Dakota.  But they came back and filled them in.  Here in South Dakota they are even putting up new sites in between Cellular/700 spaced sites to increase capacity.  Verizon is really stepping up their game.  AWS with 15 and 20MHz LTE channels, and densifying their network.  They are taking the battle very seriously.  That's why Sprint must execute quickly and decisively in 2014.

Robert

Yeah i want to say they are filing in here, but i have not used verizon since i joined here. But a halfassed buildout on aws will leave gaps. Or are they going to treat these sites like clear did with protection sites, shoot uptilt high and leave it be?

Yeah i want to say they are filing in here, but i have not used verizon since i joined here. But a halfassed buildout on aws will leave gaps. Or are they going to treat these sites like clear did with protection sites, shoot uptilt high and leave it be?

VZW does not need band 4 LTE 2100+1700 on every rural/highway site.  As long as they have sufficient backhaul, plenty of those are still running smoothly on band 13 LTE 750.  However, VZW needs AWS overlaid on sites serving towns of even just a few thousand people because VZW tends to have wildly disproportionate market share in those locales.  So, do not necessarily expect a complete AWS overlay on every site; islands of AWS capacity will be sufficient.

AJ

• Like 1

VZW does not need band 4 LTE 2100+1700 on every rural/highway site.  As long as they have sufficient backhaul, plenty of those are still running smoothly on band 13 LTE 750.  However, VZW needs AWS overlaid on sites serving towns of even just a few thousand people because VZW tends to have wildly disproportionate market share in those locales.  So, do not necessarily expect a complete AWS overlay on every site; islands of AWS capacity will be sufficient.

AJ

oh i was mainly talking about band 13 for verizon, and AWS for Tmobile