Android Anti-Virus

centermedic

I only use the anti-theft features to track my phone in case I manage to leave it behind, and I just disable everything that isn't related to the anti-theft. I wish android device manager had more to offer, otherwise I'd just use that.

I only use the anti-theft features to track my phone in case I manage to leave it behind, and I just disable everything that isn't related to the anti-theft. I wish android device manager had more to offer, otherwise I'd just use that.

I'm pretty sure Android Device Manager allows you to Lock, Wipe, and Ring your phone in case you lost it.

Plus it's part of the OS and you don't need any extra apps for that.

-Luis

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Android Device Manager allows you to Lock, Wipe, and Ring your phone in case you lost it.

Plus it's part of the OS and you don't need any extra apps for that.

-Luis

It does, but I enjoy having my device's location mapped every 30 minutes.

i never knew android has this!!!!! It does let you wipe it and lock it.

Do people actually use Android anti-virus apps? The only time I've witnessed anything close to malicious was from pirated software...

Didn't google have to remove a couple apps a year or two ago for malicious code?

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I think Lookout is preinstalled on the G2 and cannot be deleted. Almost like it is its own virus..

Actually, I think quite a few of the "apps" on the G2 aren't really installed, it's more so of a shortcut to download them from the play store. As I remember clicking on a few things and it took me straight to the google play store to download it. So I removed some crap off the app menu once I discovered this, including lookout. However, some of the extra garbage is installed, and you can't remove it, like that stupid lumen toolbar. (I just decided to disable it, damn you LG!)