Hello from the big apple!

nexus718

Hey guys new around here from nyc. Just switched to sprint and got the nexus 5. This forum has such a vast knowledge base about sprint and cell networks as a whole. Im excited to learn as much as i can. Was almost disappointed enough to cancel because of no service at my home address but sprint actually sent me an airave (which i learned about here) free of charge after a few calls the first week of service. Oddly enough move a few blocks away And get LTE or 3g signal. Regardless sprint has been a great carrier so far and the technology to be deployed is going to be freaking awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by nexus718
  • Like 4

:welcome:  Glad you like it! We have quite a few folks from NYC that post regularly, with tons of great info and experiences to share. Tons of question and answers, especially the new Nexus 5, as many here are enthusiasts for the best, latest technology. Peruse the relevant threads and see what you can find. If you like the knowledge you get to pick up, think about dropping a few bucks to donate and become a Sponsor. You get updates very regularly, and have access to the sites and NV rollout progress. You will probably benefit most from the 800MHz rollout that is starting this month, your phone is able to access both LTE and Voice on that frequency, also, when you are out and about, you may be able to catch some band 41 LTE, being in NYC it is already in a few spots and is so far pretty dang speedy from what folks here have recorded. (Hint; Premier sponsors get to see some cooler stuff relating to the differing frequencies, rollout if you decide you like that stuff) Feel free to ask any questions, or look through the older posts to pick up some good info, glad you like it!

• Like 1

:welcome: Glad you like it! We have quite a few folks from NYC that post regularly, with tons of great info and experiences to share. Tons of question and answers, especially the new Nexus 5, as many here are enthusiasts for the best, latest technology. Peruse the relevant threads and see what you can find. If you like the knowledge you get to pick up, think about dropping a few bucks to donate and become a Sponsor. You get updates very regularly, and have access to the sites and NV rollout progress. You will probably benefit most from the 800MHz rollout that is starting this month, your phone is able to access both LTE and Voice on that frequency, also, when you are out and about, you may be able to catch some band 41 LTE, being in NYC it is already in a few spots and is so far pretty dang speedy from what folks here have recorded. (Hint; Premier sponsors get to see some cooler stuff relating to the differing frequencies, rollout if you decide you like that stuff) Feel free to ask any questions, or look through the older posts to pick up some good info, glad you like it!

Just donated before this post for premier :-p Definitely into the more techie side of things. I definitely be on the lookout for the different bands and enabled them thanks to this forum!

You could say I'm into tech. Just got my home network upgraded to fios 150/65. Gpon ftw. Now to get the hardware in place.

Edited by nexus718
  • Like 1

Hey guys new around here from nyc. Just switched to sprint and got the nexus 5. This forum has such a vast knowledge base about sprint and cell networks as a whole. Im excited to learn as much as i can. Was almost disappointed enough to cancel because of no service at my home address but sprint actually sent me an airave (which i learned about here) free of charge after a few calls the first week of service. Oddly enough move a few blocks away And get LTE or 3g signal. Regardless sprint has been a great carrier so far and the technology to be deployed is going to be freaking awesome. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

:wavey:

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png