Nexus 7 1st Gen Screen Repair Services?

MartialRanger23

So my little sister received an Asus Nexus 7 1st Generation for her birthday a couple months ago, but a few weeks ago she dropped it (only a foot from the ground AND it was in a case) and the screen shattered. The lower part of the digitizer is nonfunctional (so no home, back, or recent apps buttons). For Christmas I would like to get it fixed for her, does anyone know of a good N7 repair place? Preferably one that I can mail her tablet to? Thanks.

Do tablet slippery hands run in your family?  Tell your dad that I can ship you some Stickum for Christmas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stickum

;)

AJ

Yeah, it sure seems that way, huh?  The Nexus 7 2012 sure has a screen that loves to crack.  She dropped hers in the backseat of our Suburban from approx 18".  It was in a closed case and landed on a carpeted car floor with a carpeted floor mat.  I was shocked it caused it to crack.  Mine also cracked pretty easily.

Robert

• Like 1

So my little sister received an Asus Nexus 7 1st Generation for her birthday a couple months ago, but a few weeks ago she dropped it (only a foot from the ground AND it was in a case) and the screen shattered. The lower part of the digitizer is nonfunctional (so no home, back, or recent apps buttons). For Christmas I would like to get it fixed for her, does anyone know of a good N7 repair place? Preferably one that I can mail her tablet to? Thanks.

I understand you may not want to deal with it, but it's looking like fixing it yourself is the only financially feasible way.

I went this route a couple of months ago when I repaired my girlfriends N7.  It is not worth it, even to do it yourself.  The digitizer, screen, and LCD are going to cost you around $150(That's the do it yourself cost).  At which point you are better off just upgrading her to a new tablet.

• Like 2

I went this route a couple of months ago when I repaired my girlfriends N7.  It is not worth it, even to do it yourself.  The digitizer, screen, and LCD are going to cost you around $150(That's the do it yourself cost).  At which point you are better off just upgrading her to a new tablet.

This is what I keep saying!  :)

Robert

The 2013 Nexus 7 (16GB) is $179.99 right now from Staples.com

http://gizmodo.com/the-best-black-friday-deals-1469183299/@shanerobertscommerce

• Like 2