Misc. Stuff (Mostly Spark related)

mhammett

So Spark, huh. Anyone know what's behind their name choice?

How likely is it that I am to get 800 LTE from existing LTE sites before the 1.9 LTE actually gets deployed in my town?  :-p

Will our sources be able to follow up with Spark related deployment information?

Anyone know why Ericsson was replaced by NSN? NSN just got more aggressive or a problem with Ericsson?

Eight transmitters\eight receivers. Is that 8x8 MIMO, Mu-MIMO or just multiple 2x2 carriers?

I have an HTC EVO LTE and a Verizon S3. Each has their pros and cons, but I'm leaning towards my next Sprint phone being an S4 successor. Any timeline for an S5? The S series normally debuts in the spring, right?

Wait, DeKalb has existing LTE sites?  :P

The S series phones have followed the HTC series upgrades which have recently been late spring early summer.  What about a tri-band S4?

I feel like this topic would be better in the "General Topics" forum, but anyways...

Odds are, an S5 would probably be out in the March to April time frame, at least from what I have seen. And I'm pretty sure AJ has posted an article on The Wall talking about the tri-band S4. I would suggest looking at that (if you haven't already).

So Spark, huh. Anyone know what's behind their name choice?

How likely is it that I am to get 800 LTE from existing LTE sites before the 1.9 LTE actually gets deployed in my town?  :-p

Will our sources be able to follow up with Spark related deployment information?

Anyone know why Ericsson was replaced by NSN? NSN just got more aggressive or a problem with Ericsson?

Eight transmitters\eight receivers. Is that 8x8 MIMO, Mu-MIMO or just multiple 2x2 carriers?

I have an HTC EVO LTE and a Verizon S3. Each has their pros and cons, but I'm leaning towards my next Sprint phone being an S4 successor. Any timeline for an S5? The S series normally debuts in the spring, right?

I am thinking that part of that 8x8 is diversity transmit and receive antennas with different down tilt to maximize coverage and capacity. I am thinking 2x2 diversity, 4x4 MIMO and I'm at a loss for the other 2x2

Wait, DeKalb has existing LTE sites? :P

The S series phones have followed the HTC series upgrades which have recently been late spring early summer. What about a tri-band S4?

hah, look at the map now. Literally all around us. I have LTE in my bedroom now from an outlying site, but I have more bandwidth here than a Sprint site, so I'm not excited yet.

I feel as though the tri-band S4 is just a baby step and that an S5 is probably what I'd really want.

I feel like this topic would be better in the "General Topics" forum, but anyways...

Probably. I posted quickly as I was in a hurry to get to a Clear/Nextel rooftop. ;-)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk