How many minutes do you use?

Contreramanjaro

I was just thinking about this. My family, four phones, is on the 1500 minute everything shared plan, We use, on average 100 minutes a month. Really the only way to use minutes is to call landlines which is rare. Has anyone else had their minute usage plummet?

On a side note, as this has happened, our text and data usage has probably increased ten fold. Does anyone know what is harder on the network, calls or data? Clearly it is all relative but I was wondering about the conversion of it especially with VOIP getting so much bigger.

Same here, I have two shared lines and between the both phones we probably average 300 minutes a month. Of course the biggest factor to this is the unlimited mobile to mobile. The number of texts has sky rocketed, between both phones I would say we go through about 6000 to 8000 texts a month. As far as data goes though that has dropped off quite a bit since sprint 3g woes have forced me to use wifi almost exclusively. I am in a 4g market but keeping 4g on isn't worth the additional battery drain that comes with it.

Texts are pretty much a complete non-factor on the internet. Just a moneymaker for the providers. We have also seen minute usage almost disappear, and my texts have gone way down since I got a smartphone. I no longer need text alerts to keep up with my favorite sports teams, "there's an app for that", ugh... that ad campaign was annoying.

The $10 fee they tack on has been well used. I mention this because my father, who painfully interrogates the phone support people, said it was a fee for the additional dat used by apps. I know it is officially the premium data charge but I think it's neat how their methods of selling it to the customer have evolve. 4G data charge -> Premium data charge -> Application data charge.

The $10 fee they tack on has been well used. I mention this because my father, who painfully interrogates the phone support people, said it was a fee for the additional dat used by apps. I know it is officially the premium data charge but I think it's neat how their methods of selling it to the customer have evolve. 4G data charge -> Premium data charge -> Application data charge.

Is that what it is being called now? Application data charge?