Do u think that pre pay providers should have roaming?

mase31

Do u think that pre pay providers should have roaming for their customers  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do u think that pre pay proviers should have roaming

Do u think that pre pay providers should have roaming for they customers?Cricket is pre pay but has roaming and use the Sprint network for roaming i think that should so if they go off their network they could have backup.So how u feel about this?

I think that it should be a bonus to those who shell out the full price for post paid contracts. Prepaid is fine for some, but it's the same reason I don't use a regional carrier. I think that a prepaid company could negotiate with vz att sprint and t mobile and offer coverage using all the carriers, but phones and plans would be expensive and it isn't really feasible.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Also, I feel that all prepaid data should be capped and the unlimited should be for postpaid only. Don't make sense to get a contract when you can get a decent Android prepaid with unlimited data.

For a pre paid provider to offer roaming it would raise the price of service for that provider and wouldn't be worth having when you can have a decent phone subsidized for 2 years and pay a little bit more per month. Prepaid mobile is for the budget conscience person. Some prepaid carriers have been able to negotiate cheap roaming agreements, but not many have.

I think Sprint should give them the option for voice and data but throw in texting. Texts are just so cheap that it wouldn't hurt their bottom line, much.

For the other services, charge a flat rate for it per service (data, minutes) or charge per use (if enabled).

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• July security update is available 
    • 431.39 MB July security update now downloading on S24+ unlocked. 
    • https://www.androidauthority.com/t-mobile-sales-tactics-employee-interview-3460125/   From the "Uncarrier" to Carrier....
    • Another SCP beta is rolling out now, with some bugfixes as usual but also some fun new options to test: Non-standalone 5G-NR cells can now display Site Notes. This feature works in the same manner as how neighbor cell notes are displayed, requiring a PCI and your device's location. This option is enabled by default. As is the case with neighbor cell notes, you cannot edit NSA site notes directly unless there is an NCI being reported (which I have never seen); it uses the previously recorded standalone log entries. Like neighbor notes, if a cell has been previously logged but there is no note, you will see the distance information only.   Logging cells that are not reporting a valid PLMN is now possible. This option is disabled by default, but if you enable it along with two other options (log sites with missing GCI/NCI and to log sites with missing TAC), you should begin logging most NSA 5G-NR cells. A PCI is needed at a minimum, which is not always reported depending on your device and network factors. ("Sites" will be renamed to "cells" on the Preferences menu in the next update.)   Users can enable an option to display LTE cells above 5G-NR cells in the app if they choose to do so. This option is disabled by default. Should help improve the readability of your screen if you have NSA 5G-NR cells constantly appearing/disappearing. Please give these options a try and let me know if you notice any issues.. thanks!
    • Not yet. We probably won't see one submitted until construction on the new building is substantially complete.