Sprint Black Friday Sales Nov.29th 2013

Marv1

Any idea if it's free with number porting (new customers only) or free without number porting (upgrades as well)?  The fine print is not legible in that picture.  If it's free for upgrades, I'll be happy. :tu:

The S4 Mini is free right now for new accounts on sprint.com so that has to be the upgrade price

Any chance there will be deals on the regular S4?  I'm still hanging on with my $30 SERO plan and am about ready to take the plunge, but it sure seems like Sprint isn't very friendly to SERO anymore... :(

There's a very good chance.  Remember, these aren't, "Black Friday" deals per se - they were announced in a press release a week in advance and extend well past Friday.  These are the usual, "Why wait until Black Friday when you can save NOW" junk deals may retailers are running ("Black Friday Presale", "Mid-Black November Clearance", etc.).  The Black Friday deals will appear on the Sprint website on Black Friday. 

Last year Radio Shack had the Galaxy S 3 for $49.99 w/2-yr contract which is the same deal Sprint had.  Expect similar deals this year across the board to clear out the phones that aren't Spark capable.  If Sprint follows Radio Shack's lead, keeps their $50 price tiers and prices phones to maintain their relative positions (ie.  an S4 will have to sell for more than an S3 but less than a Note 2) BF on Sprint.com should look something like this: 

Galaxy S 3 $0 w/2-yr contract (Sprint's current deal for new customers)

Galaxy S 4 $49 w/2-yr contract (Radio Shack's BF deal)

Galaxy Note 2 $99 w/2-yr contract (Radio Shack's BF deal)

Galaxy Note 3 $149 w/2-yr contract

HTC One $99 w/2-yr contract (Sprint's current deal for new customers)

Moto X $0 w/2-yr contract (Sprint's current deal for new customers)

All carriers tolerate their legacy plan customers with various levels of disdain.  Be thankful we haven't reached Verizon's, "You can keep unlimited data until you upgrade your phone" level.  Sprint has recently (last week or so) fixed their web store so that SERO customers can order phones without having change their plans so that's something. 

Edited by Ordell

There's a very good chance.  Remember, these aren't, "Black Friday" deals per se - they were announced in a press release a week in advance and extend well past Friday.  These are the usual, "Why wait until Black Friday when you can save NOW" junk deals may retailers are running ("Black Friday Presale", "Mid-Black November Clearance", etc.).  The Black Friday deals will appear on the Sprint website on Black Friday. 

Last year Radio Shack had the Galaxy S 3 for $49.99 w/2-yr contract which is the same deal Sprint had.  Expect similar deals this year across the board to clear out the phones that aren't Spark capable.  If Sprint follows Radio Shack's lead, keeps their $50 price tiers and prices phones to maintain their relative positions (ie.  an S4 will have to sell for more than an S3 but less than a Note 2) BF on Sprint.com should look something like this: 

Galaxy S 3 $0 w/2-yr contract (Sprint's current deal for new customers)

Galaxy S 4 $49 w/2-yr contract (Radio Shack's BF deal)

Galaxy Note 2 $99 w/2-yr contract (Radio Shack's BF deal)

Galaxy Note 3 $149 w/2-yr contract

HTC One $99 w/2-yr contract (Sprint's current deal for new customers)

Moto X $0 w/2-yr contract (Sprint's current deal for new customers)

Can I ask what you're basing these prices off of? Is it simply due to Radio Shack selling the S3 for the same price as Sprint last year or do you have some kind of insider info?

All carriers tolerate their legacy plan customers with various levels of disdain.  Be thankful we haven't reached Verizon's, "You can keep unlimited data until you upgrade your phone" level.  Sprint has recently (last week or so) fixed their web store so that SERO customers can order phones without having change their plans so that's something. 

I'm not sure what you're basing this on, but my whole family is on Sero and we've been able to upgrade via the website for at least a year. My sister ordered an S4 over the summer via the website, and I did the same thing in early October for a Note 3 (later returned). When you begin the upgrade, it does say you'll need to change your plan, but as soon as you hit continue and get to the next page, it says "Good news, no need to upgrade your plan" and you can check out without changing anything. It's been like this quite some time and you not being aware of this makes me question the pricing you mentioned above or at least assume that it's nothing more than speculation. 

PS - I hope you're right lol

so for us upgrade customers its only the s4 mini and g2? debating on waiting to see if any other sales come up or just order a case for the g2. upgrading my brothers line for him, hes coming from an evo shift.

I think there will be more, because they have a vanity page for thanksgiving, black friday, & cyber monday, and they each have their own individual countdown.

Does anyone have any deals for the cyber Monday sale? I checked my account today and mysteriously my upgrade date from Jan 1st to eligible now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

For sprint one up maybe. I'm due Jan 1st still.

Sent from Evo

Does anyone have any deals for the cyber Monday sale? I checked my account today and mysteriously my upgrade date from Jan 1st to eligible now. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Likely for the One Up program. I think they're doing that because they do actually make money on the program, and they're aware people want to know when they can get a new phone to replace the EVO Shift they got for free on contract a few years ago. If they see "eligible now", they'll rush to sign any piece of paper that gives them a phone.

For sprint one up maybe. I'm due Jan 1st still.

Sent from Evo

Likely for the One Up program. I think they're doing that because they do actually make money on the program, and they're aware people want to know when they can get a new phone to replace the EVO Shift they got for free on contract a few years ago. If they see "eligible now", they'll rush to sign any piece of paper that gives them a phone.

Usually on the site it would say eligible for one up now and x amount of days until 2yr upgrade. Also when I browse the phone while logged in. It shows the two year price vs the full retail it used to show.

It seems that the mediocre deals are all Sprint's offering.  Has anybody seen anything other than the 2 phones they advertised a week ago?

I chatted online trying to get a match for either the free S4 based on the bestbuy / amazon deals or an iphone 5s deal.  No go, just the usual SERO 2nd class citizen thing (and honestly, at $50/mo it's not like they're going broke on SERO)

Edited by mtntreks

It seems that the mediocre deals are all Sprint's offering.  Has anybody seen anything other than the 2 phones they advertised a week ago?

I chatted online trying to get a match for either the free S4 based on the bestbuy / amazon deals or an iphone 5s deal.  No go, just the usual SERO 2nd class citizen thing (and honestly, at $50/mo it's not like they're going broke on SERO)

Nope, I think I'm going to order the G2 Sunday night, and cancel/change if anything else pops up on Monday. I think I'll be happy with the G2, but if I'm not, I can always sell it for $400 on Swappa and pick up something else.

Picked up a G2. Phone I was looking to get in the first place. Nexus was nice but small battery and the price turned me off. Never spent 400+ on a new phone and when I did a guilty conscience took over. So for 55 bucks I was satisfied add the 36 buck upgrade fee. I'm still ok with it. Let's just hope I get used to the back buttons.

sprint nexus 5 at amazon

$10 new line new customer

$20 additional line existing customer

$30 upgrade line existing customer

http://www.amazon.com/Google-Nexus-16GB-Black-Sprint/dp/B00GCLZJ1G/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1385752898&sr=1-1&keywords=nexus+5+sprint

For all you like me that bought the G2 on Black Friday from Sprint for $50 call in a have them price match todays lows price of free. 866-789-8292

They matched it for you? I thought sprint does not do price matching

Sent from Evo

They matched it for you? I thought sprint does not do price matching

Sent from Evo

They're matching themselves, not a third party. I called order support when they opened, which was around 8am EST, and got my $53.24 back. Free G2 + Sero is insane :)

They're matching themselves, not a third party. I called order support when they opened, which was around 8am EST, and got my $53.24 back. Free G2 + Sero is insane :)

Ok cool. I got it from a corporate store. So should be good.

Sent from Evo