hescominsoon

z30 announced..with better specs

nods i've commented back..:)  As i said in the comments anything has got to be better than my gnex frankenphone..:)

According to what I've seen so far eas is natively supported in bb10...yes I do use apps for business

Yes, that's what BB10 uses for push email, as well as IMAP IDLE.

which works for me..let android, microshaft and ios have the toys...:)

A year later, I finally found a Z30 for a reasonable price on EBay. I bought one for my use to play with. Since there is no AT&T version out there of the Z30, I ended up buying the Canadian version. As it is the only one that offers at least support for two AT&T LTE bands. B4 and B5. Which are used a lot around here.

The Z30 has been a popular model with the BB fans, and it's been painful checking prices every few days and not see much movement below $400-$500. I think the release of the iPhone 6 is what finally caused the pricing to move down, as more people have traded in than normal. I was able to get a new one for ~$300 free shipping.

Right now I'm watching the launching of the passport which will be $599 when released.

• Like 1

I have been using the Z30 since Friday. So far, I love it. It is a solid device with really high build quality. The carbon fiber back is beautiful with just the right amount of grip. Love the screen and battery life.

It is the perfect size screen and I really like the keyboard. Android apps are working great on it, including Tapatalk. But it's a heavy phone. It weighs more than you expect for this size of device.

The stereo speakers sound terrific and incredibly loud. Louder and clearer than my wife's laptop. Better than any smartphone I've ever used. The M8 is likely better, but it's awesome.

On Band 4, LTE signal is right about the same as on the Nexus. You can access the Engineering screens, but it is a huge pain in the arse. And not something I think I will ever be able to memorize. It involves three steps and getting a HEX code that is only good for 60 seconds each time. Take too long, you have to start over. Pain.

Still a lot more to check out. But so far, I'm really liking it. It's quirky and handsome. And people are asking me left and right about it.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

eju2yhy8.jpg

• Like 1

I have been using the Z30 since Friday. So far, I love it. It is a solid device with really high build quality. The carbon fiber back is beautiful with just the right amount of grip. Love the screen and battery life.

It is the perfect size screen and I really like the keyboard. Android apps are working great on it, including Tapatalk. But it's a heavy phone. It weighs more than you expect for this size of device.

The stereo speakers sound terrific and incredibly loud. Louder and clearer than my wife's laptop. Better than any smartphone I've ever used. The M8 is likely better, but it's awesome.

On Band 4, LTE signal is right about the same as on the Nexus. You can access the Engineering screens, but it is a huge pain in the arse. And not something I think I will ever be able to memorize. It involves three steps and getting a HEX code that is only good for 60 seconds each time. Take too long, you have to start over. Pain.

Still a lot more to check out. But so far, I'm really liking it. It's quirky and handsome. And people are asking me left and right about it.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

eju2yhy8.jpg

Have you tried this?

http://n4bb.com/easily-access-blackberry-10-engineering-screen-app/

Not yet.  It has to be sideloaded.  It's funny that you can install any Android APK regardless of source.  But BlackBarry BAR files not from BB World have to be sideloaded on your PC and installed on your device.  Pain in the butt.

Not yet. It has to be sideloaded. It's funny that you can install any Android APK regardless of source. But BlackBarry BAR files not from BB World have to be sideloaded on your PC and installed on your device. Pain in the butt.

IIRC that didn't use to be the case.

How well does sensorly work on BB?

Speed tests work great.  Mapping appears to work.  I am going to drive through some virgin territory today to see if it appears on the maps.

• Like 2

Speed tests work great.  Mapping appears to work.  I am going to drive through some virgin territory today to see if it appears on the maps.

Any S4GRU martyr will be rewarded in paradise with 72 virgin wireless territories.

:P

AJ

Speed tests work great. Mapping appears to work. I am going to drive through some virgin territory today to see if it appears on the maps.

Oh wow. Never thought it would map. Maybe I'll install it on my wife's q10