Google Press Event - Chromecast

dstar2002

Ordered online, did in-store pickup.. didn't get a regular register receipt, just the full-sized piece of paper saying what I had picked up.  Nothing was on any of the online order confirmation e-mails either.

-Mike

You should get an email from Best Buy with a link to get your digital download with the title "Your digital product is ready to download", gives you a link to get your code.

It is an ok device, maybe it will get better.

Playing Netflix from the phone isn't very user friendly.

I found that the PS3-Netflix app integration is a lot smoother.

I contacted Best Buy today and got an immediate response telling me the codes are taking about a week to get sent, but I will be getting one.  That's cool.

Streaming through the YouTube app on my phone and website on my laptop seem to work well for me.  I think all of it will improve over time; clearly the public has an interest in a device like this so I have no doubt that Google will put a lot of effort into it.

-Mike

You can set it up with your phone, you don't have to use a pc, even with a wifi encrypted pw, you can still set it up.

I see it going places, I bet apps will build the SDK in at a very fast pace. The fact that ios and android can do it will really be sweet.

I think they should build in full device mirroring, not just for browsers. Being able to stream my S3 or ipad to any modern tv is a game changer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1