All Wimax phones for $.01 on Amazon - New Customers

bigzeto

Yeah, this would only be a good thing for about 30% of Sprint customers. But if a WiMax device meets your needs for the next two years, this is a no-brainer!. Thanks for the post!

- Robert

The fire sales have begun. If retailers are starting this early it can mean two things. Large inventory that needs to be cleared or LTE phones are going to be released soon. Or both.

I'm going with both to be on the safe side. I have at least a 50% chance of being right at least, lol.

I was suprised to see this deal this morning. I wonder when Lets Talk & Wirefly will start their fire sales?

• 1 month later...

Yeah, this would only be a good thing for about 30% of Sprint customers. But if a WiMax device meets your needs for the next two years, this is a no-brainer!. Thanks for the post!

- Robert

Right now I have a Optimus V with Virgin Mobile which I'm growing bored with. My Father has a family plan with Sprint already and offered to add me on, as long as I pay my share ($30+tax). I currently reside in Miami(33174) while I'm in school, but live in Jamaica NY(11432). I have been doing some research on Sprint's move from WiMax to LTE which is what brought me to this informative site. I have two options, pay a penny for a Epic 4g Touch and take a gamble on WiMax's future in those two cities mentioned for the next 2 years, or $150-$200 for a LTE Galaxy S III or EVO LTE but be forced to wait until LTE arrives in Miami. Any Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by eba0922

I forgot to mention I know currently Amazonwireless is only offering the Epic 4g Touch for a penny to New Sprint Customers but I am sure soon they will offer the Existing customers the same price.

Right now I have a Optimus V with Virgin Mobile which I'm growing bored with. My Father has a family plan with Sprint already and offered to add me on' date=' as long as I pay my share (30+tax). I currently reside in Miami(33174) while I'm in school, but live in Jamaica NY(11432). I have been doing some research on Sprint's move from WiMax to LTE which is what brought me to this informative site. I have two options, pay a penny for a Epic 4g Touch and take a gamble on WiMax's future in those two cities mentioned for the next 2 years, or 150-200 for a LTE Galaxy S III or EVO LTE but be forced to wait until LTE arrives in Miami. Any Advice would be greatly appreciated.[/quote']

Well, Miami market deployment starts in the next month or so. But it will take many months for completion. So you won't have to wait too terribly long. So it really comes down to your personality and what is more tolerable for you.

If you can handle the pain of waiting up front, waiting for the device and then waiting for LTE, then it will pay off with a better device with eventually better service through the remainder of your contract period. If you cannot wait, you will be happier up front for 5 to 6 months of your contract. But the last 18 months you will be very unhappy as you will feel like you have a dated device and cannot access the better LTE network with faster speeds and much better coverage.

Some people will need to get the WiMax device now, and I wouldn't fault them. But if they don't need it, they should go the LTE route. The payoff is much higher in Miami over your contract period to go LTE.

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Well, Miami market deployment starts in the next month or so. But it will take many months for completion. So you won't have to wait too terribly long. So it really comes down to your personality and what is more tolerable for you.

If you can handle the pain of waiting up front, waiting for the device and then waiting for LTE, then it will pay off with a better device with eventually better service through the remainder of your contract period. If you cannot wait, you will be happier up front for 5 to 6 months of your contract. But the last 18 months you will be very unhappy as you will feel like you have a dated device and cannot access the better LTE network with faster speeds and much better coverage.

Some people will need to get the WiMax device now, and I wouldn't fault them. But if they don't need it, they should go the LTE route. The payoff is much higher in Miami over your contract period to go LTE.

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner

Interesting. Where can I find the information you found on Miami deployment of LTE? Thank you for your input BTW.