Phone connect 2

IamMrFamous07

Does anyone know if the new sprint phone connect 2 (landline) is compatible with the 800mhz band?

Yes, it is.   From this link:

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news/sprint-phone-connect-2-fact-sheet.htm

SPECIFICATIONS:
·         6.5 x 4.9 x 1.2 inches (164mm x 124mm x 31mm)
·         Dual band (800/1900 MHz CDMA)
  • Two RJ-11 ports (bridged) to support multiple devices

I started a topic on this device a week or so ago and got some good replies from folks who had used this device.  Check it out here if you want:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3904-sprint-phone-connect-2/

Since this is a Sprint device and Sprint lists on their website that it supports 800 CDMA, wouldn't that suggest it's Sprint's CDMA band and not Verizon's?  I'm not even sure they allow roaming on a "fixed" device like this.

Since this is a Sprint device and Sprint lists on their website that it supports 800 CDMA, wouldn't that suggest it's Sprint's CDMA band and not Verizon's?  I'm not even sure they allow roaming on a "fixed" device like this.

I don't trust anyone when they say 800.   Huawei lists the Sprint and Verizon one as having 800.  Why would the Verizon one have 800SMR?  I bet you it's 850CDMA.  I could easily see the device having roaming capabilities for fall back purposes, after all it is peoples land lines with 911 service.  I bet you they have a close eye on roaming minutes though with these devices or maybe it goes to 911 only while roaming....  I bet it's the emergency call only deal kind of like how a TMobile phone does when it is in an area that they don't want you roaming on.

• Like 1

Yes, it does. Here's a pic from the back of the box of one.

G3VTniG.jpg

The notable section is: "Operates within Sprint's licensed frequency band of 800/1900 MHz (CDMA)." Sprint doesn't have any licensed 850/Cellular, so...

• Like 2

I can't find the FCC ID for that thing anywhere so can't look up the OET info.  I called the local Corporate Sprint store and that was an adventure in time wasting.  First, the guy told me it takes about an hour to port the number (which I know it takes longer than that) and when I asked about 800MHz his answer was that after Sprint shuts down Nextel they weren't doing anything with those frequencies.  I politely said Thank You and got off the phone with him as fast as I could.   :blink:

Called a non-Corporate store and the guy was much more knowledgeable.  Said it takes 2-3 days to port (which is more reasonable) but he wasn't sure on 800MHz support.  So he's going to e-mail an Account Executive and get an answer.  We'll see what kind of response I get.

The notable section is: "Operates within Sprint's licensed frequency band of 800/1900 MHz (CDMA)." Sprint doesn't have any licensed 850/Cellular, so...

That clears it up.  And with that FCCID on the box, QISF253, I found the FCC OET filings.  It supports CDMA800 (Band Class 10) and CDMA1900.

Good news.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the pic!  I found the model number and the first part of the FCC ID and started digging but gave up after 10 minutes of looking through phone after phone.  I knew it was a F253 but never though it would just be simple..duh!

• Like 1

Here's the report if anyone wants to look at it....  https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=1736507

Looks like it supports BC0, 1, and 10.  So PCS, Cellular 850, and 800SMR.  Very cool!  Curious of the PRL of how the priorities and such are setup though. 

EDIT:  Funny how the pics show a NiMH battery but the test report shows Li-Ion.

• Like 2

Here's the report if anyone wants to look at it....  https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=1736507

Looks like it supports BC0, 1, and 10.  So PCS, Cellular 850, and 800SMR.  Very cool!  Curious of the PRL of how the priorities and such are setup though. 

EDIT:  Funny how the pics show a NiMH battery but the test report shows Li-Ion.

Our store has a demo Phone Connect 2 I could... "borrow" and see. It's got a USB port, so theoretically something like QPST should work (though I have no idea how to do that).

Edit: battery is definitely NiMh inside it.

I bet you'd need some sort of drivers and then no idea if the USB port is for a host or device or both.  The manual says it would void the warranty.  I wouldn't mess with it in case it decides to leak the magical smoke that makes electronics run.

I can't find the FCC ID for that thing anywhere so can't look up the OET info.  I called the local Corporate Sprint store and that was an adventure in time wasting.  First, the guy told me it takes about an hour to port the number (which I know it takes longer than that) and when I asked about 800MHz his answer was that after Sprint shuts down Nextel they weren't doing anything with those frequencies.  I politely said Thank You and got off the phone with him as fast as I could.   :blink:

Called a non-Corporate store and the guy was much more knowledgeable.  Said it takes 2-3 days to port (which is more reasonable) but he wasn't sure on 800MHz support.  So he's going to e-mail an Account Executive and get an answer.  We'll see what kind of response I get.

Again let me give you a heads up, that it took 10 days for me to get my landline number from Verizon ported over to Sprint. But I have to say that the quality on sound is much better than my land line.  I've only had it for 2 days and very happy with it so far.

• Like 1

I bet you'd need some sort of drivers and then no idea if the USB port is for a host or device or both.  The manual says it would void the warranty.  I wouldn't mess with it in case it decides to leak the magical smoke that makes electronics run.

Experimentation!

Ah the magical purple smoke. The beauties of being a tech in a corporate location... you make the ticket notes for exchange reason. Warranty doesn't matter for store demo devices, the store will always have a working one on hand. Doesn't matter if hte device is broken fro muse, intentionally by a customer, or stolen, it will be replaced. And that sounds like a DOA device if I ever saw one... hehe

"Multiple batteries and leaving on charger for 2+ hours did not bring device back to life. Exchanging in store with stock on hand."  :P

I called the local Corporate Sprint store and that was an adventure in time wasting.  First, the guy told me it takes about an hour to port the number (which I know it takes longer than that).

Called a non-Corporate store and the guy was much more knowledgeable.  Said it takes 2-3 days to port (which is more reasonable) but he wasn't sure on 800MHz support.

Number portability is an inexact science unfortunately and relies more on the company it is coming from than the company it is going to. Landline ports regularly take anywhere from 1-10 days. Wireless ports are usually anywhere from 15 minutes to 4 days (those were the fun ones).

As for 800mhz support questions, Sprint's official corporate stance currently is not to talk about the frequencies specific devices support. I'm assuming this is because they are deciding how to advertise this in the future. After all, advertising a domestic quad-band-phone (800/850/1900/2500) means it must be inferior to a sextuple-band phone (800/850/900/1800/1900/2500, incorporating int'l GSM here obviously). hehe