A more united Mobile world

There was a World called GSM. There was another World called CDMA. The world was divided. But now, they are united under LTE. Surely I know there are FDD LTE and TD-LTE. But it was not fundamentally different. 

Yeah, it would have been nice to see a single band plan and mobile technology for the planet. It won't ever happen because the DoD, Qualcomm, and other powerful special interests in the US. 

Even if the rest of the world changed to ITU Zone 1 we'd resist. That's due to the DoD more than anything else.  

Yeah, it would have been nice to see a single band plan and mobile technology for the planet. It won't ever happen because the DoD, Qualcomm, and other powerful special interests in the US. 

Even if the rest of the world changed to ITU Zone 1 we'd resist. That's due to the DoD more than anything else.  

you mean kinda like how the US will not go with the rest of the world and use SI units. why u ask? cuz we like using units that cannot be converted easily and half the time no one has any clue what they are.

Metric.

I forgot to mention Europe's adoption of GSM wasn't a clean and clear process either. :)

Tech me some history. Or post it on Wikipedia

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking of unity, the European Union is about to heavily regulate with the intent of eventual abolition of roaming charges between compatible carriers within its member countries.

Should I buy stock in France Telecom / Orange? (FTE)

I'd be happy if I could roam on LTE on the other major US carriers. There's so many frequencies for LTE worldwide that I doubt we'll ever have truly global roaming.  :(

Should I buy stock in France Telecom / Orange? (FTE)

Orange you glad you did?  Orange you glad you didn't?

AJ