ETF?

Pillowsplat

New job. They handle the phone allowance as a corp phone so I will close down my current Sprint line.

My plan was to sell my S3 on ebay and just take it in the shorts cause the breakeven is 3 months.

So my question is has anyone had any success negotiating the ETF down.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

John

New job. They handle the phone allowance as a corp phone so I will close down my current Sprint line.

My plan was to sell my S3 on ebay and just take it in the shorts cause the breakeven is 3 months.

So my question is has anyone had any success negotiating the ETF down.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

John

Just from a logical point of view it would make no sense for Sprint to reduce an ETF on someone they're already losing as a customer.

• Like 1

The ETF is the price you agreed to pay if you early terminated.

There are people that scam there way out of ETF, but not really the appropriate thing to do. I don't know of anyone negotiating the price down outside of outright scamming.

The ETF is the price you agreed to pay if you early terminated.

There are people that scam there way out of ETF, but not really the appropriate thing to do. I don't know of anyone negotiating the price down outside of outright scamming.

Recently upgraded, the only thing that changed from last time was the $350 would go down $20 for every month after one year.

But other than that I'm not sure you can negotiate the ETF.

-Luis

Recently upgraded, the only thing that changed from last time was the $350 would go down $20 for every month after one year.

But other than that I'm not sure you can negotiate the ETF.

-Luis

You can tell them you are being deployed to another country on something....other than that your ETF would go down every month.

You can tell them you are being deployed to another country on something....

Unless you could provide documented proof of such a claim, you'd just be wasting your time and their's.

You can tell them you are being deployed to another country on something....other than that your ETF would go down every month.

Unless you could provide documented proof of such a claim, you'd just be wasting your time and their's.

Agreed on the latter count. Discussion of trying to defraud Sprint is verboten.

AJ

• Like 3

Sheesh...sorry...won't do it again

No "sheesh" or apology necessary. Just know that the intent of S4GRU is to help each other learn about Sprint, Network Vision, and general wireless topics. But S4GRU is not here to help find the latest ETF loophole, tethering workaround, etc. There are plenty of other sites for that kind of unsavory activity.

AJ

• Like 2

No "sheesh" or apology necessary. Just know that the intent of S4GRU is to help each other learn about Sprint, Network Vision, and general wireless topics. But S4GRU is not here to help find the latest ETF loophole, tethering workaround, etc. There are plenty of other sites for that kind of unsavory activity.

AJ

jawohl!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I have not changed service since 1988. I would never defraud our service men.

In my mind it is a fair question. I thought maybe someone may have insight into a sprint program for such instances.

Heck I even asked why the company didn't have a Sprint deal. Just cause Sprint wrote it in the contract doesn't mean you can't ask. Over those 25 years I have spent $35000 in service and who knows how much in phones to use that service. In my mind. $200 + $350 = $550 for a phone is laden with "wiggle room"

Pillow, with a bit of condescension, all in here probably have negotiated on things in their lives and that is not really the point of most of the replies to your question...what is germane to the discussion is that this question belongs elsewhere not on a site that has at its core mission the understanding of NV, its rollout in various locales, and implications for Sprint subs; this question would be better put to the Sprint Users Group forum or any of probably three forums on wireless communications..no offense meant..just saying..

I don't have a problem with asking, "is there any legitimate way to get out of paying my ETF when I close my Sprint account?"

Asking for or giving advice to be dishonest, deceptive or in violation of Sprint's T&C's or the law is where the conversation draws the line in regards of our posting guidelines...and common morality.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 4