Hello from Central Mississippi!

Conan Kudo

Yeah, yeah, I'm totally late on the "welcome" topic! But better late than never, I say...

I've lurked for a couple of years, but I signed up last year because of... things.

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to finding out more about Sprint's network. Hopefully some of that trickles my way...

Too many bulldogs around here, though... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

:welc:

Glad to see you've already found your way around here. The water cooler is in the back. We hang out there a lot, but we only stock Sprint Lemon Kool Aid in it.

Come Neal, drink the Kool Aid. ;)

Robert

:welc:

Glad to see you've already found your way around here. The water cooler is in the back. We hang out there a lot, but we only stock Sprint Lemon Kool Aid in it.

Come Neal, drink the Kool Aid. ;)

Robert

The Kool Aid is soooo tempting! But... I JUST DON'T KNOW! :P

Welcome to the site, I occasionally sneak a case of blue moon in.

I'll be sure to stay clear of that. The result of me drinking alcohol would probably not be too pretty... :(

• Like 1

And a big HELLO from Hattiesburg to you. Another member from the obesit- AHEM hospitality state is a welcome addition. There are very few of us :)

Indeed. Unsurprising, given how much revulsion a lot of people I've met have for Sprint here. It used to be that way for T-Mobile too, but that's changing (slowly). I look forward to seeing if Network Vision will improve Sprint's reputation here.

But Hattiesburg...? You're very nearly a coastie! Hopefully, you aren't like the coasties! :P

Where I am, the area might as well be splashed in maroon with bulldogs running around everywhere... ;)

Indeed. Unsurprising, given how much revulsion a lot of people I've met have for Sprint here. It used to be that way for T-Mobile too, but that's changing (slowly). I look forward to seeing if Network Vision will improve Sprint's reputation here.

But Hattiesburg...? You're very nearly a coastie! Hopefully, you aren't like the coasties! :P

Where I am, the area might as well be splashed in maroon with bulldogs running around everywhere... ;)

Hahaha the things said about those MS coast people once you get north of Jackson... I was a military kid, so I am not farm fed or magnolia braised. My family is from the coast, but i'm not the devil lol.

Sprint's reputation will improve only marginally due to NV in its current incarnation. The majority of the people using the network here now are low income or prepaid. Cspire is also the biggest detractor of rural expansion. Its way cheaper for Sprint to allow preferred 3G roaming on Cspire than it is for Sprint to try to compete in a majority rural state.

I once was required to bleed maroon, white, and gray, but that's been a very long time ago, now, and cell phones were still not generally handheld, at least for most of the population. I can't imagine how much the proliferation of technology has changed things, there.

• Like 1

Hahaha the things said about those MS coast people once you get north of Jackson... I was a military kid, so I am not farm fed or magnolia braised. My family is from the coast, but i'm not the devil lol.

Sprint's reputation will improve only marginally due to NV in its current incarnation. The majority of the people using the network here now are low income or prepaid. Cspire is also the biggest detractor of rural expansion. Its way cheaper for Sprint to allow preferred 3G roaming on Cspire than it is for Sprint to try to compete in a majority rural state.

Well, good on you. Unfortunately, the coasties I've met up here tend to live up to the stereotypes (which sucks, but oh well).

As for NV and C Spire, I could definitely see that. Considering that C Spire and Sprint have been working hand in hand for a few years now, I'm not surprised. I also suspect that C Spire is using the same equipment Sprint uses in ALU markets for the state. I'm surprised that the newly announced roaming is only one-way, though. Sprint customers cannot roam on C Spire's LTE network, despite being a band 25 5MHz FDD network. :(

I once was required to bleed maroon, white, and gray, but that's been a very long time ago, now, and cell phones were still not generally handheld, at least for most of the population. I can't imagine how much the proliferation of technology has changed things, there.

Well, I'm bleeding maroon here... I wonder how long it will take to stop bleeding maroon once I leave? :P

Well, I'm bleeding maroon here... I wonder how long it will take to stop bleeding maroon once I leave? :P

I don't think you every truly stop, it just gets watered down a good bit!

I like maroon... just of a different variety. Saluki maroon. :)

Of course you do.... <_<

I've been called a maroon. Does that qualify me for Miss residency? :)

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Perhaps... It's pretty awesome here, anyway! :tu: Well... Except in July. The weather sucks in July. :td:

Qualify you for the crown or just for the pageant?

:P

AJ

More like Crown Royal...

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Well, good, I thought that my joke had fallen flat. I was going to try this one next:

Miss Residency? Who the heck is that? The young, pretty MD at the hospital?

AJ

Ehh.... :td:

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Did my drive from PHX to SEA & got to experience the terribleness that is the totem lake area. Impressive, speed test didn't complete either time.
    • Weird that they'd go back to the Edge+. Would think they'd let folks use the S22 just like with Genesis. In other news, St. Louis has 10x10 n71 + n66 SDL live. A bit more info here:  
    • Wonder what other spectrum the auto industry can use, how much of the 5.9GHz was being used, and if 30MHz will be enough 20 or 30 years from now. The auto industry has had it for 20 years sure, but technology can move really slow.  It isn't good.  It isn't ready for real world applications. The hardware is too slow to be able to process enough reliable data. It is too expensive.  Etc. I would argue that we are just getting to the point where features that I would assume could use 5.9GHz are just now hitting mass market as the code is better, hardware is not only significantly faster but also cheaper. The baseline trim models still lack a lot of safety features but the next trim up usually comes with a bunch of goodies I'd assume could make use of 5.9GHz. Just imagine where we were in 2005, 2010, 2015.  Mostly just assumptions without enough knowledge of the spectrum use, so a hint of skepticism. With the what, 1.2GHz that opened up in the 6GHz range, getting 45MHz out of 5.9GHz is very meh.
    • Cool find! Been there since 2018 according to Cellmapper. The only other time I've seen them leave up a temp site like this for a long period of time was when a nearby site is temporarily inoperable like the one in Red Hook Houses. That doesn't seem to be the case here and it's pretty much a GMO site at this point. My best guess is that T-Mobile wanted to put a site there to fill in coverage but because it's on LGA's grounds getting the actual permission to do so is extremely complex so they worked out a deal with the Port Authority to put up a COW in the meantime.  
    • Would this be a T-Mobile COW outside LGA Terminal A? eNB 49106 seems to line up to its position, plus the arm for the trailer to hook onto a truck says T-Mobile. Here is the NYC streetcar view the image was pulled from.     For all the years I have been monitoring the DAS, I have never gotten -55 or better, even after passing by every antenna in a station that is deep enough to have 0 outside macros reaching in. The SNR is still 20+, so its probably designed that way on purpose.