iphone5 roaming question

bmattox79

quick question, does the iphone5 have a separate icon when roaming, i know the o means im in 1x coverage but is there another for roaming?

tks

No special icon, just says extended if you don't have a custom carrier name.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

k so where it says Sprint it will say extended instead, thanks i havent seen anything other than Sprint since ive had it so i was wondering

It's ok. I travel a lot so I go through areas of roaming. The job-site I'm working at right now is a terrible spot for Sprint service, and I jump from Native to Roaming on Cricket all the time. And I think Cricket's data service is broken on that tower too.

quick question' date=' does the iphone5 have a separate icon when roaming, i know the o means im in 1x coverage but is there another for roaming?

tks[/quote']

It will say "extended" when the phone is roaming on a partner carrier in which Sprint has roaming agreements that you will not incur charges for; it will say "roaming" when you are roaming onto a network where you will incur roaming fees. I've only ever seen "roaming" when on an international carrier.

• Like 1